Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hazelton
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is very clean!! The beds and pillows are the best we have had during our 11 day trip. The brekfast is wonerful! Biscuits and gravy, and the gravy has sausage in it!! Plus all the rest of the normal breakfst fair. It is out of the way. about 12 miles from wisp. but for the price, being out of the way is not bad. we are heading back to deep creek to play today on the man made river.

Room Tip: there is no pool on the property. but the weather is not that great during our stay so we don't...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hashharrietps

Reviewed July 9, 2012

After searching all over for a hotel, we pulled off the interstate to see if there was any availability at this Microtel. Thankfully there were two rooms left (perfect!). Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We have stayed here many times, and it's always clean and the staff is accommodating and friendly. As you enter the building, there's the usual rack of assorted maps & visitor brochures for nearby attractions ... and a box of clean rags & towels for guests to use for whatever purpose. The lobby & dining area are both well kept, and a hot breakfast is provided daily. Comfortable beds, clean rooms - everything is in good condition & looks new. We've never had a problem with noise. A lot of rooms have fridge & microwave, but the singles don't - mention it if you need them. It was mentioned in an earlier review that this is a pet friendly hotel - the place doesn't have any residual pet odors in any of the rooms we've ever stayed in.

Other reviewers have mentioned the big federal penitentiary that's nearby (at night, it's lit up like Disneyland). The guests there have visitors who fill up the Microtel on alternate weekends for visits, so call ahead ... and get to the lobby early in the morning if you want to grab some breakfast before it's all gone. The nearby gas station sells breakfast sandwiches, but it's usually better to get on the road and go one exit down (about 6 miles or so) to Bruceton Mills. There's a place called Sandy's Diner where you can get surprisingly decent, good coffee & a hot cooked breakfast 24/7, along with two 24 hour gas stations and a convenience store that also serves as a liquor outlet. It's a small town, but boasts a good ice cream shop and a pretty picnic area with tables that overlook the river that flows through. A good place to have a bite, gas up, use the facilities or stretch your legs. Morgantown is a scenic 20 minute ride through the mountains from there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gutterflower T
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I travel a lot for business and have stayed at dozens of hotels. This Microtel is by FAR one of the best hotels I have been at. Upon entering the lobby it was very well kept and clean. The front desk was extremely nice and gave me great advice on places to eat for dinner. The room smelled very clean and was very neatly kept. The housekeeping staff was nice and polite. The hotel offered free Wi-Fi, that was fast and a hot breakfast that I was not expecting.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed here at the last minute after failing to locate the campgrounds I was looking for and trying a different motel further down the highway (which turned out to be too expensive for me).
Overall I was pleased with my decision to stay here. The room was small, but nicely furnished. The place seemed very busy considering it isn't close to anything in paticular (just a gas station). All that was left was a smoking room (yuck) by the time I got there, so you might want to book ahead. Breakfast had quite a large selection of food, a little unhealthy for my taste, but good. The guy at the front desk was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kootenay23
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed at Microtel in order to ski a couple days at nearby Wisp Resort. I wasn't alone with this idea judging by many other skiers at the hotel. The prices at Wisp Resort itself were very expensive and this property was nearby so I gave it a shot. I walked away thinking this is a good option for anyone who is looking for a budget hotel and doesn't mind driving approximately 25 minutes to Wisp. I would certainly stay here again if I return to Wisp.

For a budget hotel, the stay was very enjoyable. The hotel itself is rather plain and basic, but clean and sufficient. The staff were pleasant and welcoming. The rooms are small but I was hardly in the room except to sleep. The breakfast was very nice, free, and consisted of cereal, biscuits and gravy, limited fruit, coffee, fruit juice, and waffles (they have a waffle maker).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JF81
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed here--as the WVU football game had sold out all of the hotels in Morgantown, the weekend we were headed up there--to just enjoy Fall out in WV.

The hotel is kind of "out there", but right off the highway--so that is always a plus for me.

The road into the hotel could have been smoother, but it's fine. No flat tires on the way in or out.

The hotel has plenty of parking for the amount of guests there.

The facility is clean & the rooms are what you would expect from a budget hotel chain.

The elevator on the way up was a bit rickety, but again--we were able to travel up/down to our rooms fine. Rickety elevators happen.

The hotel staff were pleasant as well--being attentive to some requests we had made at check-in & during our stay.

Now... the only thing I would say that was just "iffy" for me, as a traveler is finding out that across the way from the hotel is one location of a US penitentiary. BUT, after the idea of who was across the street subsided--it made me factor in--that this location must be one secure location!!

The Microtel pulls off what it advertises--which is: "A better place to stay". I can't argue w/ them at this location.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank soccergrrl5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelton
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Grantsville
Inn At Deep Creek
Inn At Deep Creek
#1 of 3 in Oakland

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills? Share your experiences!