“Good option for skiing at Wisp”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hazelton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good option for skiing at Wisp”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed at Microtel in order to ski a couple days at nearby Wisp Resort. I wasn't alone with this idea judging by many other skiers at the hotel. The prices at Wisp Resort itself were very expensive and this property was nearby so I gave it a shot. I walked away thinking this is a good option for anyone who is looking for a budget hotel and doesn't mind driving approximately 25 minutes to Wisp. I would certainly stay here again if I return to Wisp.

For a budget hotel, the stay was very enjoyable. The hotel itself is rather plain and basic, but clean and sufficient. The staff were pleasant and welcoming. The rooms are small but I was hardly in the room except to sleep. The breakfast was very nice, free, and consisted of cereal, biscuits and gravy, limited fruit, coffee, fruit juice, and waffles (they have a waffle maker).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JF81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Alaska
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed here--as the WVU football game had sold out all of the hotels in Morgantown, the weekend we were headed up there--to just enjoy Fall out in WV.

The hotel is kind of "out there", but right off the highway--so that is always a plus for me.

The road into the hotel could have been smoother, but it's fine. No flat tires on the way in or out.

The hotel has plenty of parking for the amount of guests there.

The facility is clean & the rooms are what you would expect from a budget hotel chain.

The elevator on the way up was a bit rickety, but again--we were able to travel up/down to our rooms fine. Rickety elevators happen.

The hotel staff were pleasant as well--being attentive to some requests we had made at check-in & during our stay.

Now... the only thing I would say that was just "iffy" for me, as a traveler is finding out that across the way from the hotel is one location of a US penitentiary. BUT, after the idea of who was across the street subsided--it made me factor in--that this location must be one secure location!!

The Microtel pulls off what it advertises--which is: "A better place to stay". I can't argue w/ them at this location.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank soccergrrl5
Morrow, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed at this hotel based on previous reviews for the LSU/West VA game. Although it's a little isolated and a little drive to Morgantown, it was well worth it. Staff was nice, my room was clean, and my bed felt like my at home. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed here twice because we have a family reunion held nearby. The location is perfect..right off the interstate. (But beware...the road leading to it needs to be repaved...very bumpy)
The hotel is clean and quiet. When we stayed there last month, we asked for a room in the back because they do not face the interstate. The only thing available was a suite, which the clerk told us we could have for just a total of $20 more. It was a no brainer. We paid extra for the suite. Very nice.
The hotel is simple, with no pool, but they have added a nice outdoor sitting area. One thing to keep in mind is that there is NOTHING else close by. There is a gas station right down the road but no grocery store or restaurant (Except for gas station pizza). That doesn't bother us because the free breakfast is all we need before we head out for the day. We will be return guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back or upgrade to a suite. Suites are not that much more money.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Terri from Lexington, KY
I stayed one night back in March. It was clean, safe, simple and had free Internet.
It was much more than I expected for a motel. I will definitely look for Microtel again. It was the smallest hotel room I've ever seen, but had everything I needed. The bed was more comfortable than some higher end hotels. Parking and Internet were free. There's free breakfast, too. I didn't eat it, but I got a cup of hot tea.

Room Tip: I used priceline. I think I paid $50 or 55 w/ taxes.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank FuturaMochilera
ohio
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We were on our way to visit family and were looking for a property which was dog-friendly. It was late, and most of the motels did not want pets. Finally, we reached Microtel. They welcomed us with our dogs, and the room was compact and clean. The location is very conveneint to I-68 for east-west travel through the mountains. The room was comfortable and clean and we were very pleased. A delicious hot breakfast awaited us in the morning, with waffles and coffee and fresh juice. When we are in this area again, we will definitely stop here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rob77ohio
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We just needed a spot to overnight . This property is very clean, well maintained and quiet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Frank-n-PatS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelton
The Lodges at Sunset Village
Yough Valley Motel
Yough Valley Motel
#1 of 1 in Friendsville
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hazelton/Bruceton Mills? Share your experiences!