“Almost Heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glen Dale
Bonnie Dwaine Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Glen Dale B&B and Inns
California
“Almost Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2008

We have been regulars at the Bonnie Dwaine for a number of years now. We come to the area to visit family a couple of times a year, and it's a perfect place to stay.

It's spotless, it's comfortable, it's beautiful, the food is excellent, and the owners and staff are exceptionally nice. We always feel completely at home when we're there. Wonderful West Virginia, of course--and Wonderful Bonnie Dwaine B&B too!

This trip we held a birthday party. Bonnie, Sid and their staff handled everything from cake and ice cream to balloons and punch; we live in California and they did all the advance work and made it a very special occasion. It was the best time ever thanks to them.

We absolutely love the Bonnie Dwaine.

• Liked — It feels like home, we are made welcome and treated so well.
  • Disliked — We hated to leave! Too far from California to get there as often as we'd like.
1 Thank Corvos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Falls Church, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2008

Bonnie Dwaine B&B is everything you'd want and more. We frequently find that the photos and descriptions on the web make places look much nicer than they really are. In this case, the pictures don't do justice to the b&b.

There is a thorough attention to detail and you will feel very comfortable and welcome.

Be sure to check out the biking/hiking trail a few blocks from there which runs along the river. A very nice extra if you have the time.

Who'd have thought that one of our best experiences with a b&b would be in Wheeling, WV!!!

Rockville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

We had a reunion to attend in the Wheeling area and found this B&B on the web. There were very few choices in nice hotels and we didn't see many other B&B's listed either.

We were so glad we chose this property. Our room (Tom's Room) was large, beautifully furnished and had a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a wonderfully comfortable bed. The house is large and is filled with antiques and cozy sitting areas and is immaculate.

Bonnie and Sid were wonderful hosts and you feel as if you've known them and stayed with them before. Very comfortable.

The gourmet breakfast on Saturday was superb and the continental breakfast on Friday was also very well done. The whole experience was truly exceptional and we would return in a minute if we were to find ourselves in that area again.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable, excellent hosts
  • Disliked — Nothing to say here.
Toledo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

I needed a place to stay while working in the area. I always look for B&B's to stay in rather than hotels. I was not disappointed with Bonnie-Dwaine B&B. The house is a beautifully restored Victorian house. The bed was comfy. The decor was warm and inviting. The place was very clean and the Saturday and Sunday breakfasts were marvelous (Served by Bonnie & Sid - the Hostess & Host). I truly felt like I was at home. Sid & Bonnie just couldn't do enough for me. Bonnie found out that I like strawberries with my cerial and that I like tomato juice for breakfast. I found fresh strawberries for breakfast every morning. I would recomment this B&B for adults that want a cozy place to stay. I stayed here for many weeks and would not stay anyplace else while in the area.

• Liked — Hospitality of the Host & Hostess and Sat/Sun Breakfasts
  • Disliked — Stairs
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
ClevelandSuburb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2007

I gave my husband a "trip" to Wheeling's Cabela's for Christmas last year. In planning our weekend getaway, I found this BNB just 20 minutes from the giant outdoor store and Wheeling, WV. What a wonderful time we had! The gourmet breakfast was delicious, the bed very comfortable. Our room (and I believe every room) had a fireplace and jacuzzi-tub. Everything was spotlessly/dustlessly clean. It was very relaxing and extremely affordable. I strongly recommend it.
It was worth the 20-minute drive for the added luxury.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wkend_getaway
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Bonnie Dwaine B&B two weeks ago and absolutely loved it. We felt very welcome as soon as we arrived. The B&B was absolutely gorgeous and our room was very cozy. The breakfast the next morning was excellent. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Dale
The McLure Hotel & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville
Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack

Been to Bonnie Dwaine Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!