“Fun for everyone in the family.”

Winterplace Ski Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Flat Top
More attraction details
Owner description: Winterplace Ski Resort - The Most Accessible and Affordable Ski Resort in the Southeast! Just 5 minutes off I-77, Exit 28 between Beckley and Bluefield, West Virginia. Winterplace Ski Resort boasts 27 Trails, 9 Lifts, 2 Terrain Parks and WV's Largest Snowtubing Park. Can't Ski or Snowboard? No Problem! Winterplace Ski Resort has the Largest Teaching area in the Southeast and was voted the #1 Resort to Learn to Ski/Snowboard at by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine. Where WINTER is FUN for EVERYONE! One Call Does It All...800-607-SNOW (7669)! We can take care of all your needs from Lift Tickets, Rental Equipment, Lessons, Lodging and More! Winterplace Offers: Learn to Ski and Snowboard Packages, Stay and Ski Free Packages, Free Night Skiing with All Day Tickets and Group Rates! Discount Season: Early Season and Late Season - Hours and Rates Do Apply
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Knoxville, Tennessee
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun for everyone in the family.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visited Glade Springs in early March to snow tube. Our visit was on a week day so the place was pretty deserted. The service in the cafeteria was excellent. The kids enjoyed the tubing.

Visited March 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't give me what I promised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I signed up for the group ski lesson which was said in the brochure to be at the most 8-10 people but my group contained nearly if not 20 people. I did not learn nearly as much as I would have if I had a smaller group. It took me falling down about 5 times for the instructor to actually help me. No one in our group really accomplished much and we all were given blue card for another free lesson but after that experience I will not be coming back. The tubing was really the only highlight of the trip but I would recommend they do something about the "magic carpet" as I saw many people nearly fall down on it.

1 Thank Grace9499
Spartanburg, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“fresh snow and sun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Cold temps, fresh snow and sunshine made for great skiing. Weekdays are nice, weekends get crowded at times. Son hurt his knee, and medics were there quickly and very professional in handling the situation. Back on the slopes the next day, and after a fresh snowfall the skiing was awesome! Lodge was crowded, but again it was in the 20's. Overall it was a fun, enjoyable family experience.

Visited February 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great family fun!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We have been to a few tubing places and this had been the best one yet. We went on a Sunday and it was a little crowded but the line moved quickly. Having the 4 hr session was great cause it gave you time to stop if you want and go inside to warm up with some hot cocoa or food. We had kids from 6yrs-15yrs old and they all had a blast. We are already planning our next trip back:)

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“$10.66 Per Tube Ride”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I thought I would take my son for a fun time for President's weekend at Winterplace. I drove to my mother's house and went to Winterplace for a Saturday afternoon tube adventure. After arriving, I was told that my mother could go to the Mountain House to relax while my son and I tubed. The Mountain House was anything but relaxing. It's jammed full of tables and resembled more like a high school cafeteria. You couldn't move and she ended up waiting for us in the car. Also, I called before I left the house to see if there were lockers to rent. Let's just say that I'm glad my mother came to take the rest of our stuff to the car. The amount of lockers are pathetic. The costs for a 1 to 5pm tube ticket was $32.00. The lines were so bad, that literally in the time it took to get to the lift to take you to the top, you only got to ride three times. Therefore, the value that I got from my son and I was three times down a mountain at $10.66 per ride--incredibly overpriced for a 15 second thrill. I would suggest that they take reservations and increase the amount of the ticket. It's just too expensive and the amount of frustration that one gets while waiting in line could be negated by changing the business model. The tube ride itself is fun, but the wait in line, price, and the lodge is totally lacking. I would not recommend--unless you have time to spare in the cold. I would suggest that you go during the middle of the week.

Visited February 2013