Mavis Manor
Skyline Resort(Ghent)(Great Value!)
$58
$163
Orbitz.com
Sleep Inn Beaver-Beckley(Beaver)(Great Value!)
$80
$129
Courtyard
$124
Fairfield Inn
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We didn't plan to stop in Flat Top but circumstances made it necessary. Jasyn and Lisa were gracious enough to make room for us with very little notice. The house is very pretty with an interesting history. Beds were soft and atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. Jasyn made us a delicious breakfast including homemade blueberry pancakes. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We booked a room at Mavis Manor and went whitewater rafting that weekend, which is about 30 minutes north of our stay. In short, I would recommend Mavis Manor to anyone looking for a comfortable, quiet, clean and affordable stay. The bonus is a beautiful house with a long history, interesting and eclectic art, a great homemade breakfast (blueberry pancakes are yummy - they don't skimp on the berries!), and super gracious owners - Justyn and Lisa are very nice, interesting people. You can tell they really care about the business and your stay. I love the numerous cats around the house (however they don't allow them upstairs or in the bedrooms so if you have allergies, you're safe), the chickens, the quiet country space, and the little bit of bohemian edge....yet professional & comfortable......a special experience. I'll definitively be back if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Recently I was traveling from Pittsburgh and stopped in Flat Top, WV along the way not knowing what to expect. I appreciated that spending time at Mavis Manor gave you a experience, and a wonderful one at that, more so than just a room to stay in. What I liked best was how relaxed everyone was in welcoming me into their home. We spent the afternoon watching hens cluck around and feeding horses watermelon. Afterwards we walked up to the top of a hill and watched the sunset. Flat top has nowhere really worthwhile to eat and Justin also graciously invited to eat dinner with his family, where I felt truly welcomed. I had to have breakfast at 6AM because I had to continue on my drive which was absolutely no problem either. Other details, excellent wifi, clean and comfortable rooms, and was upgraded me to a larger space. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2009

It’s a lovely little spot over in Southern West Virginia. The Manor is lovely when the grounds are snow-covered. This is the place to stay! Worth every penny! The rooms are nicely decorated with some of today’s ammmenities. The detail in this house is amazing! And just when you think it's over, it’s amazing how much history is in this house. Justyn is a class act and a warming host.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Wow, the place is like a storybook come to life. It was a perfect for a getaway with the girlfriend. Justyn was so flexible about the check-in time. We made a lot of stopped so we didn’t arrive till after 9 pm. The room was super nice and the accommodating, making me feel right at home. In the morning we had a nice breakfast, and then a tour of the house. I was surprised to hear it was built to be a hospital! After another cup of coffee we hiked up the old road to the top of the mountain to view the mountains. Will definitely be staying here next time I roll through West Virginia. The value and vibe are unbeatable.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple