“As good as cajun gets ... in West Virginia”
Review of Gumbo's

Gumbo's
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ate here recently and thought the restaurant was good. I liked the ambience and the food was tasty enough, if maybe a touch ordinary. Prices seemed reasonable and commensurate with our meals. Our waitresses was certainly friendly. This might be one of the better choices in Fayetteville.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The menu ooffering was inventive yet traditional. The ingredients were excellent resulting in a delicious meal served with a smile and genuine hospitality. A great stop after touring the New River Gorge area.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Gumbo's is a great restaurant in the Fayetteville scene. The service is usually spot on, but can slip a bit if they get slammed. The food rates from good to amazing, the cooking is incredibly solid, but sometimes the seasoning can be questionable (or just down right lacking). The specials usually rock, and the Sunday brunch is an amazing experience. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I had never been to a Cajun/Creole restaurant before, but decided to try it after Bernie at the Morris Harvey B&B recommended it to us. We both started out with fresh, crisp salads which were delicious. I got the `Big Bowl` of rice and beans and Andouille sausage. It was amazing. I just loved it. My husband had Blackened Shrimp and dirty rice. He thoroughly enjoyed his dish as well. For dessert we had pecan pie. It was very good. Just a tip to my fellow Canadians, when you order pecan pie pronounce it as pee-CON pie, otherwise you will not be understood.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Best gumbo outside of NOLA. This place is so cute, the staff is awesome and the food is fantastic. The gumbo was unbelievably good, the red beans and rice with andouille was delish. Fast, friendly service, cute decor and Red Stripe to wash it all down. Save room for dessert....a great find in a small WV town.