“Likely the best option”

Cathedral Cafe
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
ATL
“Likely the best option”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Sweet, hand-painted tables and large stained glass windows welcome a diner into this small town cafe. We stopped in for breakfast on our drive back home in Atlanta. My daughters pancake was good. I had a bagel sandwich of satisfactory quality. My wife ate a frittata which was classified as average. Coffee was good and the service was spot-on. We would likely stop again.

Visited December 2013

Columbus IN
“You've got to eat here.”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stopped by The Cathedral Café for breakfast. What an awesome treat!!! The atmosphere was very cozy, relaxing, inviting. The service was top of the line. The food was scrumptious. A must-patronize if you are in the area.

• Visited November 2013
Homer, Alaska
“interesting place to eat!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This little cafe was once a church and the architecture has not changed- it is pretty outside and in. The cozy dining area features walls that are lined with bookshelves and little treasures, the tables are all painted with different and beautiful designs, and the high ceiling gives a nice open feeling. It is a coffee house and the coffee was quite good, but they also serve meals and have a varied menu that includes vegan and vegetarian offerings. We had breakfast and all five of us enjoyed our food. It is a busy place, no reservations allowed, and people waiting for tables are just standing there nearby, so pick an off-peak time and enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
Rocky River, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could be WAY better!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visit the Gorge every year for Bridge Day. This year we decided to stop for breakfast before heading out of town. After reading the reviews we thought this place would be right up our alley. It looked cool and it was crowded. Which is what we expected on a Sunday morning during a "holiday" weekend. I spoke with a regular while in line and she instructed me how to get my family a table as they have no hostess. The local instructed me to stay in line (which I believe is for ordering food to go) and stalk a table- when you see people getting ready to leave, pounce on it! Seems crazy, and it is, but it did work. There is something on the menu for everyone and it all sounded delicious! The plates coming out of the kitchen looked good too. We made sure to order a Chai and a cinnamon roll based on the reviews. Getting food took a LOOOOONG time, but again, they were busy. The chai- no, not nearly as good as Starbucks. It lacked flavor or the traditional spiciness that chai is supposed to have. The waitress forgot our cinnamon roll and when we told her she said, "oh sorry, I left that in the microwave." Uh what? The microwave? She forgot it again, and we just said we'd pass on it so she took it off the bill. I ordered an omelette with veggies and cheese with a side of their potatoes and sourdough toast. The omelette was stuffed with veggies and melted cheese however the egg of the omelette left something to be desired. Clearly the cook added entirely too much water to the eggs as they were tough and full of bubbles. But, I ate it. The toast- was barely toasted on one side while the other was just soft bread. The potatoes were a disgrace and probably the single worst thing I have ever put in my mouth! Potatoes went in my mouth quickly were spat out onto my plate. Gross! They tasted like an ashtray! And if I would have looked at the bottoms of those diced cubes and could have seen they were black. Ash black potatoes- like they had been cooked for weeks! I told the waitress and she quickly brought me a little side dish of fresh potatoes, however, they were the same! Yuck. This place is cool, the menu is great- get a new cook with some skills and then it would be good to go.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank VegeVegan
Pittsburgh
“quaint setting...very friendly staff”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Nice coffee shop in interesting building. Staff were very friendly. Nice little shop inside with souvenirs and crafts.

Visited October 2013