“Great food”

Secret Sandwich Society
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Description: Creative sandwiches, bold flavors combinations, meal-size salads, & homemade soups & desserts. Open Sunday through Thursday 11am-9pm, Friday and Saturday 11-10pm. CLOSED EVERY TUESDAY! Outside deck seating, great for spring and summer lunch and dinner. Our deck is enclosed and heated in the winter!
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

I visited SSS last year and left a kind of blah assessment of my food. I loved the atmosphere and the idea of fresh, local food menu items.

So on this trip, I wanted to give this place a 2nd try.
I ordered a chicken with honey butter. Wow. Amazing. Perfect. Tender. Soft. Tasty. A+.
My child ordered the grilled cheese and loved it.
We didn't get fries but enjoyed the chips.

Redemption. I just don't think what I ordered last time suited MY taste buds which does not make a place bad.

Can't wait to return again and I'm so happy that I loved my meal this time!!

Nice service staff and great atmosphere!

Date of visit: October 2018
SecretSandwich, Owner at Secret Sandwich Society, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! Happy you gave us a chance on the busiest weekend of the year!

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

We stopped with a large group with various food likes/dislikes and some dietary restrictions and SSS handled everything perfectly. The food was fantastic, the Victorian house was very neat, and employees were happy to have our huge group. Wish we could have stayed longer for the music.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

In town for the Bridge Walk and stopped based on reviews I had read on Trip Advisor. Was a little worried about the steps based on what I had read. The steps are old, concrete steps so be careful. Our party did not have an issue w/the steps. We ordered the Velvet burger which was ok.The pimento cheese fries were interesting. I don't know that I would order them again. Service was prompt, friendly, and good.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

"Ya ever get to the tail end of a sandwich and just start crying cuz it's so good you don't want it to end?" A direct quote from my niece after eating the Quincy. I have the Rawhide and was equally enamored. My husband and nephew had the Eisenhower and Velvet, respectively...it was all delicious! And did I mention the house-made pickles an ketchup?!?! Amazing! Oooh! I almost forgot: the pork green chili was unlike anything I've ever tasted. Our service by Haylee was on-point. if you find yourself anywhere near Fayetteville West Virginia make time to make a stop here.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

When trying to find spots to eat while driving through the country, you have to accept that not all places will be super great. The reviews listed about this spot said that is was pretty good, but did not give it full justice. When we showed up, we knew almost immediately that we have a fun time here!

We put ourselves on the waiting list downstairs at the restaurant for dinner, then went upstairs to the bar and music venue to wait for our table to come. The beer list was great, and the band was very good. When our number came up, we almost skipped it, but we were hungry...

Dinner was fresh, and very good. Lots of different sandwich and burger options. I had a meatloaf sandwich, which was good, while my girlfriend had a mushroom/veggie sandwich, which was quite tasty. She also had a caramel tart for dessert. All in all, a great spot - worth a diversion from your trip to visit!

Date of visit: September 2018