“Great restaurant and bar/music venue, nestled in a small town near the New River Gorge!”

Secret Sandwich Society
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Description: Creative sandwiches, bold flavors combinations, meal-size salads, & homemade soups & desserts. Open Sunday through Thursday 11am-9pm, Friday and Saturday 11-10pm. CLOSED EVERY TUESDAY! Outside deck seating, great for spring and summer lunch and dinner. Our deck is enclosed and heated in the winter!
Reviewed October 10, 2018

When trying to find spots to eat while driving through the country, you have to accept that not all places will be super great. The reviews listed about this spot said that is was pretty good, but did not give it full justice. When we showed up, we knew almost immediately that we have a fun time here!

We put ourselves on the waiting list downstairs at the restaurant for dinner, then went upstairs to the bar and music venue to wait for our table to come. The beer list was great, and the band was very good. When our number came up, we almost skipped it, but we were hungry...

Dinner was fresh, and very good. Lots of different sandwich and burger options. I had a meatloaf sandwich, which was good, while my girlfriend had a mushroom/veggie sandwich, which was quite tasty. She also had a caramel tart for dessert. All in all, a great spot - worth a diversion from your trip to visit!

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband, myself and our 2 year old tried this place for the first time...needless to say we were impressed. The food was amazing and the service nothing less. The prices were exceptionally reasonable. Definitely worth the 2 hour drive! We will be visiting again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Every year my husband and I take a trip down to the New River Gorge to see the changes in the foilage and we make sure to make a stop at this restaurant. Hands down they have the best sandwiches in the state. I highly recommend the pimento cheese fries and Fillmore sandwich with pomegranate soda.

However, the entrance to the restaurant is down a set of unsafe, uneven stairs. Even with using caution you can really hurt yourself.

Today, I ended up spraining my ankle while walking down the stairs. I was walking down the stairs slowly and using the hand rail but my foot ended up slipping on a hole on one of the stairs.

I spoke with the manager and staff. They were polite and apologetic. They said that there has been several accidents in the past where people have slipped and twisted their ankles but they aren't allowed to fix the stairs because it is listed as part of the historical society.

They comped our meal and provided me with a bag of ice. But I ended up having to go to urgent care and get xrays done. The food is great but not worth it in the end if it means you end up at urgent care.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

We had dinner here this week and the food was excellent. Staff was friendly and attentive. I will stop here again when in town.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Outstanding! Delicious sandwiches, friendly staff, good prices, and a great atmosphere. While hiking in the gorge this place was recommended by a local couple. Glad they told us about this place... a hidden gem! Will return when in this area again. Thank you!