“One of the worst hotels I've stayed at”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairmont
Country Club Motor Lodge
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at and I'm NOT a picky person. I usually stay at places like Motel 6, Super 8, and local motels. This was a very poorly maintained property. The heater in my room was broken and they had to give me a space heater (the AC units were very old and rusty like they were 20 or 30 years old) the parking lot was a dusty mess as well. Half the lamps in my room were broken or missing lampshades and the bathroom was old and dirty with stains all over the shower curtains and walls. The carpet was worn and dirty as well. There was no coffee in the morning. The lady at the desk was friendly that's about it.

I found out about this place on a coupon book and first of all I was surprised it was over 3 miles off the highway despite the signs on Interstate 79. Now Fairmont was a nice town and the drive there off the highway was beautiful and you MUST stop at the Poky Dot Diner in town, but if you are in a hurry and want to be right off the highway its a distance.

Room Tip: Make sure all the lights are working and that the heat and AC works. If the heat and AC works make s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We tried to use a coupon that we got from a travel book from a West Virginia visiting center earlier in the week. We even made reservations for the motel ahead of time. The $34.00 room quickly became a $50.00 room upon our arrival. The motel is located quite a bit off the interstate, and we only found it because of a billboard going into town that corrected the map in the ad we saw in the travel book. The room had the appearance of a situation that might better be described as a room for a long-term resident, and the large number of work trucks indicated that this might be the main use of the motel. The towels were very thin, the mattress on the bed was hard, the curtains did not cover the windows properly. Sundries were made up of two small bars of soap. There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. The room appeared to be dated, as the carpets were worn. This motel is one of many that has been secured by an Asian family. The lady at the front desk was very polite. There was a lot of noise during the night. A policeman pulled somebody and they stopped in front of our room at about 2 A.M. There is a lot of ambulance noise, I would guess a hospital is nearby. In short, for $50.00 you could get a nicer room at a Motel 6 or Super 8, if one is in the area. Unlike an earlier poster, we did not see any signs of bedbugs, and we did not have any problem with the plumbing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night while visiting our daughter at college. This place was absolutely gross. The room was very dirty, the carpet filthy, and the toilet broken. We were so grossed out by the filth we could barely sleep. The lot was full of work vehicles and trucks and at 3am everyone got up to leave, so it got really noisy. The room reeked of smoke and was nasty beyond belief. We still talk about it as our worst stay anywhere in 25 years of marriage. If you are thinking of staying here, don't! You will regret it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steven G
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stay away from this hotel! It's FILTHY! Not only was there mold on the walls, in the AC, in the bathroom, and covering the shower curtain, but they also have bed bugs. If there was a rating below 1 out of 5, I would pick it because this place belongs in the negatives. Plus the parking lot is ridiculously set up.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 31. I knew the people in there and it was a complete and total health hazard.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I needed a place to stay close to Fairmont General Hospital due to a family emergency and this was the closest with an available room. At the last minute, I ended up having to stay a couple of extra nights and the manager was very understanding and in fact, asked about my family each time I saw him.

This is most definitely a budget motel but it was clean and conveniently located. My only complaint was the workers who stayed there. They filled the entire tiny, hard to maneuver parking lot with their huge trucks and got up early every morning and made a lot of noise. The morning I was to leave, I came out to find my car sandwiched in between two enormous trucks, each of whom had parked so close that I couldn't open either the driver or passenger side doors. Luckily, I drive a hatchback so I was able to pop the hatch and climb over the seats!

This wouldn't be my first choice of motels in Fairmont but it wouldn't be my last either.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I'm a woman, but also a contractor. All I wanted was an inexpensive, but clean place to lay my head. Everywhere else around was booked so I took a gamble on the country motor lodge. It was fine (still a little gross, stained towels etc.) Until about 10pm. a huge racket woke me up. The bathroom was raining. Water was pouring off the uncovered light on the ceiling. This had to be dangerous. I called and called the front desk. looked in the office. Couldn't find anyone. Finally it stopped raining and the adsense of noise allowed me to sleep. This morning they would not refund my money. They acted like a did something wrong by not "finding"then last night. A no vacancies sign told me that would not have done anything. This place is gross and rude. Listen to the reviews.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 3, 2009

An economical motel with Internet is the bottom line here. After my 3rd stay here I can say that this motel is for the budget soloist. The internet has worked; however on the last stay it was slower than usual. The rooms are in need of major structural improvements but were functional. No problems with hot water, door locks, beds, smells, etc. staff is very friendly and accomodating with issues. Wendys next door. Good cable tv. tight parking lot.. Would reccomend only to very budget minded buisness soloist.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business