“Great except for the wi-fi” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairmont

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairmont
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Pittsburgh
“Great except for the wi-fi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Fairfield Inn and Suites in Fairmont is a great place to stay. My room was very clean. The bathroom was big and not a spot of mold anywhere. The heating unit was quiet and worked very well. Breakfast was good. There is a lot of variey inclund eggs, boiled and scrambled, sausage, oatmeal, waffles etc. I didnt take advantage of the pool but it looked inviting. There is a small exercise room near it. The only problem I had was with the wi-fi. At first I couldnt connect at all. I called the 800 number that is listed in the room and they got me up and running, well almost. Some pages I couldnt connect to and some showed no images. I called the 800 number again, but the tech didnt know what the problem was. He was going to give it to someone higher up who would call me back. He/she never did. I lost an evenings work because of this.

I would recommend this Fairfield Inn to anyone who doesnt need the wifi. As I said before it is a great place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank brandi1207

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Easy access from I79, clean, very good breakfast, and right next to an Applebees for dinner. However, we stayed in room 223 and it had very loud and annoying water pipe noises from the adjoining rooms.....I mean really noisy! The room was a bit on the small side but nicely decorated, clean and other than the noise was up to Marriott standards. I would probably avoid the place again because of the noisy pipes. The rate was no bargain either.........$113.00 per night plus taxes but I am not sure how it compares with others in the Fairmont area

Room Tip: not sure about other rooms but 223 is very noisy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachbumzzzz
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located close to I-79 and several dining options. Applebees and Collessanos is within walking distance and Muriales is just a short drive. The rooms are always clean and as expected and the front counter staff are generally friendly. Only one caveat here; beware of one particular gentleman in charge of the breakfast area. He has been very unpleasant to me and my family separately. On my last visit (over Christmas) I learned something new. Apparently, you cannot sit in the lounging area by the TV before he opens up for breakfast at 6:00 AM. And most important, do not bring a computer into this area. He does not like that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Located south of Pittsburgh this is hotel is perfect for weary travelers. Lots of local restaurants to satisfy a variety of tastes. Check inn staff is friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was far better than most. The rooms are very modern and clean. This hotel is perfect for those who need a clean, modern and safe place to stay for the night. For sure i would book here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Plainview, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Fairfield. My room was a king suite and it was excellent. I was on the top floor and her absolutely zero noise. The hotel was spotless. Te free breakfast the following morning had several good choices. Was within waking distance to Applebee's for dinner. I didn't realize fairfields don't have a market place, so plan on change for the vending machines. Very nice hotel; great stay; definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013
Hagerstown, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical Fairfield Inn. It was clean and quiet. The staff needs training in how to speak to guests and basic customer service. There is a small, cramped breakfast area with a service person that was quite grumpy the day that I was there. It is tricky getting to the hotel as you have to drive through a parking lot with unmarked lanes; I was almost t boned by a person who was confused. Not a bad stay but I probably won't stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel now three times for business trips, and each time I have had an unpleasant experience. I suggest definitely getting a higher floor, so that you don't hear the guests in the room above you walking around or open drawers all night as I did. Also, I had one room with a next door guest who sounded like he was on his cell phone in the same room as me. I think it's safe to say at this point there is poor insulation, and not just a coincidence. I generally really like Fairfield Inns, so I am disappointed that this one does not meet my standards. I continue to go here though of course for the Marriott points. Other than the noise though, the location is great, excellent complementary breakfast, and all sorts of food options close by. I wish the staff were more accommodating when it comes to the noise issue; yet, they are nice enough regardless.

Room Tip: Higher floors are the way to go; however, the third floor are suites only.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Molly O

Travelers are raving about these Fairmont hotels