“good clean stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Logan, West Virginia
“good clean stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Quality room, good price, easy location right off interstate, and good breakfast bar. This is a travel hotel not vaction spot. Close to restaurants and shopping. Stayed while visiting Fairmont State University which was only 15 minutes away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I called the day before to make sure they had adjoining rooms being out of state and coming there to get married called five minutes before we pulled in also told they had adjoining rooms available upon arrival the desk clerk stated they had the rooms available the price and when we went to pay they made a mistake and had none so at this point I'm a lil angry drove all this way with five kids to spend r honeymoon the manager came out and basically told us it was our fault extremely rude and said they only had the suites that adjoined and were ten dollars more ok that's fine whatever but one room is clean the adjoining isn't we could pay and het keys later that's fine gave us the bill that was now 120 more than they just told us ok disgusted tired and hungry we took it got the keys to the other room to find dirty towels in the bathroom and a dirty bathroom packed the kids and went out to eat got back to take the kids swimming at 2 pm to b locked out of the pool for cleaning the most horrible hotel experience I have ever had especially for such an expensive hotel staff was rude and uncaring and my honeymoon was ruined never recomend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank michael2217

Travelers are raving about these Fairmont hotels

Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife insists on staying at Marriott properties when travelling together because of the quality. The room seemed to be up to the high Marriott qualities upon check in. We liked the fact there were restaurants in walking distance. There was a great pool available too. We went to sleep and I found a used tissue in the bed. I assumed it was my wife's and discarded it. In the morning I asked her about it and she also found one and thought it was mine. GROSS!! We informed the front desk and they stated a manager would call us. We did not wany anyone to get in trouble or desire any compensation but rather just to speak to someone in charge and inform them of the issue. Well long story short no call. No interest from the staff... Steer clear. What should have been a small issue we could have addressed with management is an issue that obviously they have no time or desire to address. Gross!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jimandmar
Belton, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have spent time here for business for the last 3 years, during this time I have had small issues but my last trip was the last time I stay there. I have been at this motel 3 weeks a month for the last 3 months. I have experienced inconsistent billing issues, uncooperative management staff in resolving issues and for some reason I cannot request a first floor room 2 weeks in advance. Motel, while new, has noise issues while located on the second floor (I could hear EVERY footstep!!). A less than personable morning breakfast attendant Tues through Sat. the only time I ate was on Sun and Mon mornings. Fair warninig, not a good value for the price, and watch out for the "special event" pricing (think it was explained 6 times a year) where the room rate went from $100.00 to $200.00 a night. This was charged even though we have a corporate rate with this motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed her 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. This time not so much. I heard every single move made upstairs and adjacent. And, though I am Platinum they still wouldn't let me use points 2 of the nights due to a ballgame and gouged me for $175 per night!! Breakfast was very weak and the worker there told me I was 'lucky' to scrape the bottom of the oatmeal even though it was 30 minutes before closing! The staff there is just very poorly run - unlike my prior stay. Even the drive down the short street in front of the hotel was gravel and had a foot deep pothole in the road. I would say the hotel seemed clean - that's about it. The maids sit outside the pool all day and smoke and stare at you in the pool - just weird....

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
akron, oh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel was a typical fairfield except that the my room was very noisy. There was noise from the room above, the rooms next door, the hallway and the highway outside. For $140, it should have been nicer. I'll look for better options next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bolivar, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel while in Fairmont for a wedding. The wedding information stated a block was reserved and a discount would be provided if we booked there. The hotel would not give a wedding discount unless we booked for two nights. I don't know if this was explained to the bride as she looked for a hotel for her guests, but this was the first time we were not given a wedding discount because we were not staying two nights.
Anyway...
Hotel is clean and staff is friendly. Plenty of breakfast food provided.
There seems to be a lot of between room noise.
Not too bad for a one night (not two night with a discount) stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairmont
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fairmont
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Fairmont
3.0 of 5 stars 90 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairmont? Share your experiences!