WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairmont

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fairmont
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Buffalo, New York
“No response from management after an issue with the room.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife insists on staying at Marriott properties when travelling together because of the quality. The room seemed to be up to the high Marriott qualities upon check in. We liked the fact there were restaurants in walking distance. There was a great pool available too. We went to sleep and I found a used tissue in the bed. I assumed it was my wife's and discarded it. In the morning I asked her about it and she also found one and thought it was mine. GROSS!! We informed the front desk and they stated a manager would call us. We did not wany anyone to get in trouble or desire any compensation but rather just to speak to someone in charge and inform them of the issue. Well long story short no call. No interest from the staff... Steer clear. What should have been a small issue we could have addressed with management is an issue that obviously they have no time or desire to address. Gross!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jimandmar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Belton, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have spent time here for business for the last 3 years, during this time I have had small issues but my last trip was the last time I stay there. I have been at this motel 3 weeks a month for the last 3 months. I have experienced inconsistent billing issues, uncooperative management staff in resolving issues and for some reason I cannot request a first floor room 2 weeks in advance. Motel, while new, has noise issues while located on the second floor (I could hear EVERY footstep!!). A less than personable morning breakfast attendant Tues through Sat. the only time I ate was on Sun and Mon mornings. Fair warninig, not a good value for the price, and watch out for the "special event" pricing (think it was explained 6 times a year) where the room rate went from $100.00 to $200.00 a night. This was charged even though we have a corporate rate with this motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Fairmont hotels

Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed her 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. This time not so much. I heard every single move made upstairs and adjacent. And, though I am Platinum they still wouldn't let me use points 2 of the nights due to a ballgame and gouged me for $175 per night!! Breakfast was very weak and the worker there told me I was 'lucky' to scrape the bottom of the oatmeal even though it was 30 minutes before closing! The staff there is just very poorly run - unlike my prior stay. Even the drive down the short street in front of the hotel was gravel and had a foot deep pothole in the road. I would say the hotel seemed clean - that's about it. The maids sit outside the pool all day and smoke and stare at you in the pool - just weird....

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
akron, oh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel was a typical fairfield except that the my room was very noisy. There was noise from the room above, the rooms next door, the hallway and the highway outside. For $140, it should have been nicer. I'll look for better options next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bolivar, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel while in Fairmont for a wedding. The wedding information stated a block was reserved and a discount would be provided if we booked there. The hotel would not give a wedding discount unless we booked for two nights. I don't know if this was explained to the bride as she looked for a hotel for her guests, but this was the first time we were not given a wedding discount because we were not staying two nights.
Anyway...
Hotel is clean and staff is friendly. Plenty of breakfast food provided.
There seems to be a lot of between room noise.
Not too bad for a one night (not two night with a discount) stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

There were some things I really liked about this hotel and other things that were not so great.
The Good:
-The price was reasonable
-The young woman at the front desk was very sweet and helpful. I love having a warm welcome and smile when I check in after a long day on the road
-The front desk sent up a playpen for my daughter right away with a 'baby welcome pack' that included tips for babyproofing the hotel room, a bib, diaper cream and baby shampoo. A great added bonus
-The decor in the room was very modern and nice
-Flat screen tv's in the room
-Comfortable beds
-There is a breakfast included of bread products, yogourt, cereal, fruit, drinks and breakfast sandwiches. The bagel I had was horrible, but how much can you complain when it is free.Breakfast starts at 6 which is nice since we like to be on the road early.

The Bad/Weird
-The hallway of the hotel was insanely hot. I am usually someone who gets cold easily and often don't even put on air con in hotels. There was heat blasting so hard and hot (this was in August on a very hot day) that you couldn't breathe. I have no idea what was going on, probably a one time problem; but weird nonetheless
-The outside of the building and the rooms seemed like they were new but the pool area looked very old and was prety dirty. Perhaps it's an older hotel that has been sold and redone? Anyway, the bottom of the pool was very stained, the sides and the deck were dirty.The hot tub was very hot but had algae on the bottom. Gross.
-There was hair left in the bathtub by the previous guest. A complete turn-off for me.
-The toilet was very tall (weird complaint I know). I am 5"2 and my feet could not touch the floor when I sat on it. This would pose problems for young children or elderly guests.
-The location was sort of weird- tucked in behind a strip plaza, all by itself.
Overall I would stay here again in a pinch but would probably stay elsewhere. The bad things sort of outweigh the good for me even though it was an average hotel for the price.

Room Tip: I was told checking in that the 3rd floor is best for young families and those looking for a good ni...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here en route from Hilton Head. It is located adjacent to a not- quite- finished shopping plaza with sites around appearing to be hopefully awaiting construction. Typically in these locations there is little in the way of anywhere good to eat; Applebees being as good as it gets if one wants anything more than a burger. The hotel itself is quite pleasant being typical of its type. Service was good. When we complained about half a dozen large black bugs jumping and crawling about the ceiling and wall, we were immediately given another room. Pricewise it is a little high considering the location. We only stopped there because it was half way between Hilton Head and home. If we had to do the journey again we would probably stay there again as there is not much else to choose from.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple