“Unique, fun restaurant”

Heston Farm’s Foxfire Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Foxfire Restaurant at Heston Farm combines creative cuisine with casual elegance. With its newly expanded dining room, rustic decor, delicious food and friendly service, Foxfire Restaurant will soon be on the list of your favorite Fairmont dining destinations. Foxfire Restaurant has choices to please any palate or pocketbook. Round out your meal with one of Heston Farm's wines. Our selections include red, white and rose, and range from dry to sweet. Pinchgut Hollow Distillery's homemade buckwheat whiskey is available, as well as domestic and imported beers and microbrews. Foxfire Restaurant's Sunday brunch features favorite selections from the restaurant's lunch and dinner menus, an omelette station, a Greek yogurt bar with toppings, and make your own waffles for the kids. Join us at Foxfire Restaurant for great food, great times and great wine.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We made a reservation on a busy Saturday evening, and it was lucky we did so. They were not accepting walk-ins that evening due to some large parties and live music later in the evening. We were impressed by the outdoor eating area, and will probably choose that next time. Our reservation was for inside, and we were in the upstairs area. It was a hot, muggy day and the upstairs was very warm and stuffy. Our waitress was visibly sweating! She was also very young and inexperienced. However, she got the job done. The food was excellent, and it was fun to try the wine. My husband had the jambalaya and I had the chicken salad-salad. Both were high quality. They make all the salad dressings on site. Mine was bacon vinaigrette--yum! We had apple crisp for dessert (double yum!), as they were out of our first choice, the blackberry peach cobbler. We asked about a tour, and were told the owner *might* be willing to provide one, but it did not materialize when we checked at the tasting bar. The tasting area is nice, with a friendly, knowledgeable staff member. They will also re-cork your wine if you purchased a bottle with your meal but didn't finish it. (Our waitress didn't mention this, but we asked staff at the tasting bar.) If you are hoping for a tour, make arrangements ahead of time, or go on a week day when staff are more available. Definitely will be back!

1  Thank Ruby F

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had the shrimp and grits, and it was amazing. Further, they get great bands, and my 5 year old daughter loves going, eating, and dancing. The have small hand pump minature railroad cars for kids and adults to ride out in front of the building, and are restoring an old kids ride locomotive that used to be down in the valley where they have their pavillion, family movie night, etc, with beehives. That will be a blast once it's done. There are outdoor grounds you can stroll, lovely dining areas inside and outside, and a outdoor fireplace. Something fun for everyone at this restaurant/venue.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

As with others we received slow service, our waitress was serving 2 tables downstairs and I don't know how many upstairs. Service was very slow and no one to ask when yu had a problem. i ordered the cheese and fruit board and was plentiful, however there was no fruit on it. I had the stuffed seafood sandwich that was stuffed with lettue and tomato, but the creamy seafood was spread on like butter and you couldn't taste it at all-for $11.00 for a sandwich and chips I expected more. Forget drink refills or any attention. Our bill was incorrect (she didn't charge us for our wine) and we had to wait 20 minutes for her to reappear-so we could do the right thing. And if you want to buy their wine, get it from walmart its only 2/3 the price they charge.

Emily H, Manager at Heston Farm’s Foxfire Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Robyn,
Thank you for the feedback. I am very glad that you brought your experience to our attention although I am extremely sorry this happened. I can assure you this is not the type of service we aim to provide. If there is anything we can do to make this up to you please let me know, and we hope that in the future you will give us a second try. You can call the winery at 304-366-9643 and ask for me, Emily Heston, or email me at info@hestonfarm.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I just had lunch there. Food was great and service was excellent. Not a cheap place to eat, but the quality of the food was awesome. I had the flat steak and my wife had the salmon. Generous portions! Dave was our server and did a great job.

I also recommend the cheese and meat board appetizer.

Keep up the good work Heston Farms!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went for the first time for Sunday brunch. Loved everything about this place. Service, food, and atmosphere were all great!

1  Thank JEDRN