Cracker Barrel Restaurant and Old Country Store
Cuisines: American
Simcoe, Canada
“Average”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Not a fan of Cracker Barrel but our friends like them and we wanted to make them happy so 4 of us ate here. Service good. Food average. Price good. If you like a beer/wine or drink with your meal, look elsewhere as they do not have a licence (assume this is common to the chain).

Visited December 2013

Llangollen, United Kingdom
“Easily the worst restaurant meal I have ever had”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

After seeing about 2000 billboards inviting us to eat at Cracker Barrel, we stopped in at the location in Fairmont WV. Are all Cracker Barrels like this? I don't mind waiting to be seated at a restaurant, because it usually indicates that the food and service are good. However, the quality of the entree, "chicken 'n' dumplins" (I think that is how it is spelled on the menu -- so homey, just like the way mother would spell it if she had never graduated from third grade), was so bland and tinned-gravy-slathered, that not only will I never subject myself to it again, I wouldn't even recommend Cracker Barrel to an enemy. For extra insult, our server was slow and forgetful -- poor kid, having to work at this place. There was one well-prepared part of the menu: the steamed broccoli was very well done -- fortunately, I had a double serving, as the restaurant had run out of carrots. Cracker Barrel advertises its home-style cooking, but I can only imagine this if my "home" was a federal prison or the army (and I apologize for insulting the food at those two institutions).

• Visited November 2013
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Used to like their meatloaf...not there”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I remember having the best meatloaf and mashed potatos dinner at this chain. Thought I might try it again. Waitress originally said they were out, but came back to say they had a couple meals left. Almost wanted to take a pic of the gray meat they brought me. Not appetizing at all! And they put the bad color on the bottom. Now already late...I had some mashed potato, paid and left. Everyone was nice and all else your average Cracker Barrel. Just someone's poor decision made for a bad experience.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Michael R
West Virginia
“Outstanding All Around!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was a win - win. The breakfast was to die for. I had a Country Boy which had 3 eggs, sirloin steak, grits, fried apples, hash brown casserole, biscuits & gravy. The Mrs. had the French Toast topped with fresh fruit. The service was fantastic, and this particular Cracker Barrel was spotless! Great choice when working your way through West Virginia! Was the best place we had eaten in WV.

• Visited October 2013
Romney, West Virginia, United States
“Great service”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The food was great. We always order the same thing when we eat at a Cracker Barrel. Our waiter, Levi, was great and funny. He joked with us and made the visit and meal outstanding.

• Visited October 2013