“Home Cooking”

DJ's 50's and 60's Diner
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: Diner
Description: A Google search on DJ's Diner Fairmont WV will turn up entries on Yelp, Urbanspoon, etc.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Ordered the small spagetti and had to share it. Portion sizes are large. Friendly waitresses and staff. Loved the decor and the old cars that were on display the night we were there. Reasonable prices and overall a good place to eat or just have a coffee at the counter.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

DJ's looks like your typical diner and serves the same type of food, i.e., simple homecooked meals at a reasonable price. Breakfast is served anytime and is excellent. Friendly, competent wait staff. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Typical Diner food and we had hamburger and fried chicken with fries and coleslaw. It was served promptly and tasted fine. The Diner was clean and had a 50s atmosphere. Next to the Comfort Inn so convenient too.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Reminds you of the old diners - relaxing while having a great hamburger

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stopped in on a Thursday night while head down I-79; I thought it'd be a better choice than the many fast food places located nearby. The food was mostly mediocre -- the soup wasn't very good at all, and the rest was edible but not great. But the real problem there is really bad service. All the waitstaff (young women) smile and are very friendly; but none of them seem to want to do their job. After I sat down, it was a full ten minutes before anyone came to bring me a menu or anything else, despite the fact that there were three waitresses working the floor and only three booths had customers. Then there apparently was some confusion amongst them over whose responsibility I was -- more waiting. There's a huge list of off-menu items over the diner bar, but you can't see them from most of the place. That's something you'd expect a waitress to help you with, right? Wrong: the waitress I ended up with couldn't tell me what was up there; so I had to walk up, look at it all, return to my booth, and wait another five minutes for her to come back so I could ask questions. There was a chicken dish that was incorrectly described by the waitress; when I got it, it was a breaded breast when I was asking for pieces of fried chicken. And so on.

I'd like to hope that this was anomalous; but online searches suggest poor service is a chronic problem with this place.

On the bright side, it's pretty cheap. I'm not sure I see the value, though.

Been to DJ's 50's and 60's Diner? Share your experiences!