“AARP Discount”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Semmes, Alabama, United States
“AARP Discount”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

When we checked into the motel the clerk said that we could have the AARP discount, but when we checked out the clerk said they didn't give the discount after so many rooms were filled. We have stayed at several Red Roof inns and this is the first time this has happened. I also don't like the policy of allowing pets into any room. There should be certain rooms dedicated to pets.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hostler39
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am very sorry about the mix up with the AARP discount. Any time you have a concern please feel free to contact the manager. We value our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I checked into this hotel at around 7:00 PM and was only able to get a room because of a couple of cancellations that had occurred a few minutes before I walked in. Apparently, the oil and gas workers (a la Marcellus Shale oil boom) dominated this and other area hotels and I was only able to get the price down to a "mere" $70 (inclusive of tax) because of powerful persuasion.

The room, while modern, clean, and efficient, was a King size bed in a tiny room. A good fart would give you a concussion. Sure, the TV was a flat-screen and the bed was well-dressed, but there was simply not enough space to justify a normally $80 room. Also, there was a lack of electrical outlets to charge my electronic devices.

The bed was comfy and the night was quiet, but for what one pays here there should be at least some kind of breakfast!

Room Tip: Get a double-bed arrangement if, for any other reason, you need more floor space.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank You for your review. The area is very busy this time of year. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The staff was excellent just like the rooms were excellent, I have stayed there for over three months and my stay was more than excellent. Even though they were renovating they still made our stay excellent by working with us through the whole thing

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank kniceguy
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank You. We appreciate you letting us know about your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The customer service at this hotel is very friendly and very welcoming. Each time I come I enjoy my stay very much. And I have to say Angie is wonderful. This hotel is very clean. And it's very close to the interstate and food places such as Applebee's

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank John3223
Thank You Very Much! We look forward to your next visit.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at the redroof inn for my daughters graduation. the maid that cleaned my room did a very thorough job. The front desk staff was very informative and helpful. All in all my stay was pleasant and relaxing. I will be recommending this hotel to all my friends that head this way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Lisa S
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank You So Much!
We are so excited about our renovations.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Safe Travels
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This Red Roof is undergoing extensive renovation, so it was a good choice, especially for the price. The room was nice, clean, and updated. No complaints at all. The location is convenient to Downtown Fairmont and close to a shopping center with restaurants, grocery, etc. We made a positive choice with this one. Also, the front desk staff was very courteous and efficient. The only drawback is a temporary one - the construction/renovation during the day might be a bit noisy for some, but this will eventually work itself out. I will return next time we have a reason to be in the Fairmont area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JoeC801
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank You very much for the feedback. We are so excited about the renovation to our Inn. I apologize for the noise level. The renovations should be completed in the next couple of weeks. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have stayed here so many times I can't count them on way south to see sons & g'kids, All I want is a clean room to sleep in and be on my way. This motel fits that need. I have never met anyone at the desk who has not been anything but polite and nice, Just read a criticism because too many trucks in there. Well Gee-They are probably there for the same reason you and I are-good value!
If those kind of folks want more, pay for it and go elsewhere., There was a time a few years back when my wife said i do not want to stay here any longer as the sheets and blankets were indeed shot. The next time we were there they had been replaced. The downside is the coffee absolutely stinks. Would you not think an owner of a motel who has so many construction workers staying there, wouldn't replace rot gut coffee which he pays for anyway with great coffee for those men who leave between 5 and 6 am. I think the owner of this place would be better off taking coffee out altogether rather than putting what he wouldn't drink at home in the lobby.. I tried to make a reservation tonight for march 28th-sold out-LOL. first time ever i havent been able to stay there as i go south,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank You very much. We are very excited about the changes taking place at our Inn. I am very sorry about the coffee. Next time please ask the front desk to make you a new pot. They will be more than happy to. Please check back with us before your trip and see if we have had any cancellations. We would love to have you stay with us. Safe travels.