“Perfect motel for on the road , in and out”

Red Roof Inn Fairmont
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Buffalo, New York
“Perfect motel for on the road , in and out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have stayed here so many times I can't count them on way south to see sons & g'kids, All I want is a clean room to sleep in and be on my way. This motel fits that need. I have never met anyone at the desk who has not been anything but polite and nice, Just read a criticism because too many trucks in there. Well Gee-They are probably there for the same reason you and I are-good value!
If those kind of folks want more, pay for it and go elsewhere., There was a time a few years back when my wife said i do not want to stay here any longer as the sheets and blankets were indeed shot. The next time we were there they had been replaced. The downside is the coffee absolutely stinks. Would you not think an owner of a motel who has so many construction workers staying there, wouldn't replace rot gut coffee which he pays for anyway with great coffee for those men who leave between 5 and 6 am. I think the owner of this place would be better off taking coffee out altogether rather than putting what he wouldn't drink at home in the lobby.. I tried to make a reservation tonight for march 28th-sold out-LOL. first time ever i havent been able to stay there as i go south,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank You very much. We are very excited about the changes taking place at our Inn. I am very sorry about the coffee. Next time please ask the front desk to make you a new pot. They will be more than happy to. Please check back with us before your trip and see if we have had any cancellations. We would love to have you stay with us. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Jackson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Pleasantly surprised to actually find a motel with new furniture, paint, shower & surround and tub. Very clean. Nice amount of room. Comfortable bed. Will be staying here again soon!!!! Don't even know if they have a pool. This website wouldn't let me change the rating to none once I touched a circle. LOL.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for one that has already been renovated
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank You So Much!
We are so excited about the renovations and the response we have been getting. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next stay with us.
Niagara,ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We checked the TA rating for this facility when we were searching for a spot to stay on our trek back to the Great White North. There were a few negative words relating to partly completed rooms and noise but we figured it would pretty much be done within our time frame. Our experience with Red Roof has always been positive and we like their pet friendly policy and this facility's no smoking policy.
We booked on their web site, got a great rate and were not disappointed when we arrived. The front desk staff were great, took an interest in our pet dog and gave us a series of good options for our meals and the paperwork was very quick. The room had obviously been recently done over and was clean, neat and very comfortable. New flat screen with lots of Channel choice. It was cold and snowy outside but warm and comfy inside. Had a good nights sleep.
The parking lot was full so the motel is popular.

Room Tip: The king size bed was very comfy! Book early.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank You So Much! It is always great to hear about our guest and their experience. We are so excited about the renovation and up grades to our Inn. I will be sure to share your review with our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.
ocean city nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I paid cash when i got there. I asked why i had to pay up front and got no answer. When i left they charged the card i used to book one week prior. Now they willl not help me. Also, there was no water between 9 and 4 on both days of my stay. for that theyy gave me a whopping $10 credit. I will be fighting this. Joanne is the manager and would not listen and hung up on me twice. My number is 856-889-1699. I paid 140 a night for this fleabag dirty smelly place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I am very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. We are upgrading our rooms and there was a poster in the lobby that stated the water would be off during that time. Also there was a letter delivered to the rooms regarding the water. I am very sorry you are upset that you paid with your credit card and could not find your money. As I explained I reviewed the security camera in the lobby and you swiped your card. I do hope that you will verify that with your card company.
Middle Tn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stopped here for one night, and once is enough. Check in was quick; front desk was pleasant. The room was a disappointment. Upholstered chairs were dirty, stained. Carpet needs to be cleaned or, better yet, replaced. The bed seemed to be reasonably new, also the linens. The room needs to be painted and updated. One plus: shower had lots of pressure and lots of hot water. Overall this is the most rundown Red Roof I've seen/stayed in in a long, long time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I am verry sorry that you were unhappy with the conditions of the Inn. We are in the process of up grading the Inn. I do hope that you will give us another try once the updates have been completed.We are so excited and can not wait to see.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I stay here when we visit family in the area with our dog. This place is always clean and the people are exceptionally friendly. The hotel is surrounded by great places to eat so the location can't be beat. I would recommend this Red Roof to anyone who is looking for affordability and cleanliness.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank WVStew
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. I will be sure to share your review with our staff. Thank You and Happy Holidays
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were on our way back from South Carolina and stopped overnight at this motel. We needed 2 rooms. We were placed on the 2nd floor and the concrete on the 2nd floor by the stairs was all dirty and stained. A good power washing was needed. Our room was ok, but the carpets were dirtly & stained and the bathtub/shower looked like there was mold in the creases. My parents' room was awful. There were flying bugs (my dad killed 4); one of the box springs looked like something was eating or shredding the corner -- it was disgusting. The front desk moved my parents right away, but of course all of us had trouble sleeping, imagining bugs flying around the room. (Our room and my parents new room had no bugs). The price was right, but instead of opening new Red Roof Inns, why not fix up the ones you've got???

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I am very sorry you were not happy with your stay. I am very excite to let our guest know that we are getting ready to start renovations the end of Novemeber. Our property is very old and is often mistaken for being dirty because of that. I do hope that you will give us another chance once renovations are completed.