“Another great stay!!”

Red Roof Inn Fairmont
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I stay here when we visit family in the area with our dog. This place is always clean and the people are exceptionally friendly. The hotel is surrounded by great places to eat so the location can't be beat. I would recommend this Red Roof to anyone who is looking for affordability and cleanliness.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank WVStew
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. I will be sure to share your review with our staff. Thank You and Happy Holidays

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were on our way back from South Carolina and stopped overnight at this motel. We needed 2 rooms. We were placed on the 2nd floor and the concrete on the 2nd floor by the stairs was all dirty and stained. A good power washing was needed. Our room was ok, but the carpets were dirtly & stained and the bathtub/shower looked like there was mold in the creases. My parents' room was awful. There were flying bugs (my dad killed 4); one of the box springs looked like something was eating or shredding the corner -- it was disgusting. The front desk moved my parents right away, but of course all of us had trouble sleeping, imagining bugs flying around the room. (Our room and my parents new room had no bugs). The price was right, but instead of opening new Red Roof Inns, why not fix up the ones you've got???

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I am very sorry you were not happy with your stay. I am very excite to let our guest know that we are getting ready to start renovations the end of Novemeber. Our property is very old and is often mistaken for being dirty because of that. I do hope that you will give us another chance once renovations are completed.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spent one night in this hotel and it was awful. The hotel needs updating and a good cleaning. The paint in the bathroom was peeling off the wall and there was mold in the bathtub and ceiling. The bathtub drain was partially clogged so you were taking a shower in inches of water. The walls were dirty and the carpet stained. There were a lot of people running around outside late at night. Plus, there were a bunch of noisy guests leaving at 6:00. Not worth the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. Please anytime you stay some where and there is a problem contact the front desk so they can take care of it right away. This is not our norm and I apologize this happened. I will be looking into this and make sure it is taken care of so no one else will have the same encounter you did. I hope you will give us another try once we are renovated in the next few months.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Craig at the front desk was more than helpful. There was one room that the housekeeper apparently skipped and Craig had me in another room immediately, and took off 10 dollars just for the inconvenience.
The location of this motel is away from the highway, up on an elevation, quiet, clean, affordable. Would highly recommend this location. And as I said, front desk folks were personable and very friendly and helpful.
The motel was easy to find, and conveniently located near restaurants and highway, yet, as I said, very quiet due to its location. Couldn't ask for a better place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank You for your response. We look forward to your next stay with us. Have A Great Day!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My parents and I had to travel up to the Morgantown area this past weekend because I had to have surgery at Ruby Memorial Hospital. We were a bit worried about finding an affordable place to stay due to the WVU home football game. Luckily, we found the Red Roof in Fairmont at a rate of only $63 (AAA), which is a great rate considering the hotels closer into Morgantown were going for $115+.

We requested a ground floor room which was honored without question and we were able to drive right up to our room which was very convenient. The room was very clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. Also, the bathroom was very spacious and the tub/shower provided great water pressure.

The front desk staff were very welcoming and the lobby offers free hot coffee and tea each morning (candy and soda vending are available as well).

The motel is close to many restaurants and shopping areas and it is only about a 20 minute drive to the Downtown Morgantown area, Ruby Memorial Hospital, and Milan Puskar Stadium. Take note that when you find the motel, the entrance drive is before the Red Roof Inn sign, not after you pass it.

P.S. If you are traveling with a pet, this Inn accepts them free of charge. There are plenty of places for you to walk your dog, let them do their business, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor so you can just drive right up to the door.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank You. We are very appreciative of your kind words. It is so nice to hear the positive feedback and to know we have made your stay a comfortable one. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wanted to let people know what good choice the Red Roof is in Fairmont WV. The staff is friendly and helpful, it is safe and clean. Very fresh since doors lead to outside rather than an inside hallway. The rate is unbeatable, but I would choose it anyway over more expensive options. You can tell the people who run the place care what they are doing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank You we appreciate your kind words about your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently returned to Fairmont for a weekend antique trip. This Red Roof Inn property provided a fair price and additional amenities that made my stay comfortable. My standard double room came equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave at no extra charge. The wifi (which many high-end properties like Marriott and Sheraton--where I stay when work pays--promise but never deliver) was free and functioned well every time I used it (which was often). The location is right off of major highways and directly across from the mall (you MUST visit Colasessano's for pizza). Wal-Mart is around the corner if you forget toiletries, but you have plenty of shampoo and soap provided. Other patrons were quiet and the beds were quite comfortable. Yes, the property is dated and in need of a remodel, but those plans are on the way. In the meantime, the rooms are clean, well-kept, and comfortable and the staff are friendly. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank You. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.