“Awful Experience”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Cleveland, Ohio
“Awful Experience”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spent one night in this hotel and it was awful. The hotel needs updating and a good cleaning. The paint in the bathroom was peeling off the wall and there was mold in the bathtub and ceiling. The bathtub drain was partially clogged so you were taking a shower in inches of water. The walls were dirty and the carpet stained. There were a lot of people running around outside late at night. Plus, there were a bunch of noisy guests leaving at 6:00. Not worth the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. Please anytime you stay some where and there is a problem contact the front desk so they can take care of it right away. This is not our norm and I apologize this happened. I will be looking into this and make sure it is taken care of so no one else will have the same encounter you did. I hope you will give us another try once we are renovated in the next few months.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Craig at the front desk was more than helpful. There was one room that the housekeeper apparently skipped and Craig had me in another room immediately, and took off 10 dollars just for the inconvenience.
The location of this motel is away from the highway, up on an elevation, quiet, clean, affordable. Would highly recommend this location. And as I said, front desk folks were personable and very friendly and helpful.
The motel was easy to find, and conveniently located near restaurants and highway, yet, as I said, very quiet due to its location. Couldn't ask for a better place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank You for your response. We look forward to your next stay with us. Have A Great Day!
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My parents and I had to travel up to the Morgantown area this past weekend because I had to have surgery at Ruby Memorial Hospital. We were a bit worried about finding an affordable place to stay due to the WVU home football game. Luckily, we found the Red Roof in Fairmont at a rate of only $63 (AAA), which is a great rate considering the hotels closer into Morgantown were going for $115+.

We requested a ground floor room which was honored without question and we were able to drive right up to our room which was very convenient. The room was very clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. Also, the bathroom was very spacious and the tub/shower provided great water pressure.

The front desk staff were very welcoming and the lobby offers free hot coffee and tea each morning (candy and soda vending are available as well).

The motel is close to many restaurants and shopping areas and it is only about a 20 minute drive to the Downtown Morgantown area, Ruby Memorial Hospital, and Milan Puskar Stadium. Take note that when you find the motel, the entrance drive is before the Red Roof Inn sign, not after you pass it.

P.S. If you are traveling with a pet, this Inn accepts them free of charge. There are plenty of places for you to walk your dog, let them do their business, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor so you can just drive right up to the door.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank You. We are very appreciative of your kind words. It is so nice to hear the positive feedback and to know we have made your stay a comfortable one. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.
Fairmont, West Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wanted to let people know what good choice the Red Roof is in Fairmont WV. The staff is friendly and helpful, it is safe and clean. Very fresh since doors lead to outside rather than an inside hallway. The rate is unbeatable, but I would choose it anyway over more expensive options. You can tell the people who run the place care what they are doing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank You we appreciate your kind words about your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently returned to Fairmont for a weekend antique trip. This Red Roof Inn property provided a fair price and additional amenities that made my stay comfortable. My standard double room came equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave at no extra charge. The wifi (which many high-end properties like Marriott and Sheraton--where I stay when work pays--promise but never deliver) was free and functioned well every time I used it (which was often). The location is right off of major highways and directly across from the mall (you MUST visit Colasessano's for pizza). Wal-Mart is around the corner if you forget toiletries, but you have plenty of shampoo and soap provided. Other patrons were quiet and the beds were quite comfortable. Yes, the property is dated and in need of a remodel, but those plans are on the way. In the meantime, the rooms are clean, well-kept, and comfortable and the staff are friendly. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank You. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I paid $66.99 per night for a Fri/Sat stay in a non-smoking King - Superior room. I booked online but wasn't charged in advance and in fact, had up until 6pm the night of my reservation to cancel without penalty. Don't find deals like that too often!

Check in was quite efficient; front desk clerk was very friendly. My room was on the first floor and I was relieved that it was an outside entrance since that meant I wouldn't need to walk past a bunch of smoking rooms to get to it. The room was quite adequate. The "superior" consisted of a nice built-in desk which was perfect for setting up my laptop and books. This is an older motel so there were signs of wear in the room (chips on the veneer, worn carpet) but the room itself was very, very clean.

No coffeemaker in the room but I was around the corner from the office where they had coffee available. Unfortunately, it was very weak and tasteless. But several restaurants/convenience stores are within a quarter mile so going out for breakfast wasn't a problem.

A couple of odd things: housekeeping completely skipped my room on Saturday. I was traveling alone so there really wasn't anything to clean but fresh towels would have been nice. I ended up walking down to the office to get them myself. Not really a problem but if the housekeeping staff is wondering why I didn't tip, it's because you did nothing for me. I also didn't notice until I got home that I was charged $1.50 per night for the use of a room safe when I did not use mine. Neither one of those things were a deal breaker for me though.

Unlike other budget motels in this area (which gets a lot of transient workers employed in the natural gas fields), the clientele seemed well behaved. I wasn't awakened before dawn by the sound of idling trucks and boisterous men shouting back and forth across the parking lot. In fact, I was surprised when I opened my door on Saturday morning to pouring rain - I hadn't heard a thing.

Check out was also painless and again, the front desk staff is extremely friendly. I will definitely stay here again. It's clean, safe, convenient, and quite affordable. The front desk clerk said they are scheduled for a renovation so I expect the prices will go up.

Room Tip: I was in 115 - first floor and doesn't face any other rooms so that probably helped reduce any p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank You. We do our best to make each guest feel welcomed. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in May and August. Excellent spot during our drive home from Florida to Toronto, ON. Great location and comfortable sleep. In August, we left behind a container with dental appliances. We phoned the front desk and let them know they had been left, they looked and phoned to let us they had been found. Joann mailed them to us and we had them within 5 days. We really appreciate the excellent service by Joann and her staff and would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank You for your kind words. We are happy to help our guest in any way we possible can. It was our pleasure and I have passed your message along to our entire staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.