“Better than more expensive hotels in town!”

Red Roof Inn Fairmont
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wanted to let people know what good choice the Red Roof is in Fairmont WV. The staff is friendly and helpful, it is safe and clean. Very fresh since doors lead to outside rather than an inside hallway. The rate is unbeatable, but I would choose it anyway over more expensive options. You can tell the people who run the place care what they are doing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank You we appreciate your kind words about your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Fairmont

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently returned to Fairmont for a weekend antique trip. This Red Roof Inn property provided a fair price and additional amenities that made my stay comfortable. My standard double room came equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave at no extra charge. The wifi (which many high-end properties like Marriott and Sheraton--where I stay when work pays--promise but never deliver) was free and functioned well every time I used it (which was often). The location is right off of major highways and directly across from the mall (you MUST visit Colasessano's for pizza). Wal-Mart is around the corner if you forget toiletries, but you have plenty of shampoo and soap provided. Other patrons were quiet and the beds were quite comfortable. Yes, the property is dated and in need of a remodel, but those plans are on the way. In the meantime, the rooms are clean, well-kept, and comfortable and the staff are friendly. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank You. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I paid $66.99 per night for a Fri/Sat stay in a non-smoking King - Superior room. I booked online but wasn't charged in advance and in fact, had up until 6pm the night of my reservation to cancel without penalty. Don't find deals like that too often!

Check in was quite efficient; front desk clerk was very friendly. My room was on the first floor and I was relieved that it was an outside entrance since that meant I wouldn't need to walk past a bunch of smoking rooms to get to it. The room was quite adequate. The "superior" consisted of a nice built-in desk which was perfect for setting up my laptop and books. This is an older motel so there were signs of wear in the room (chips on the veneer, worn carpet) but the room itself was very, very clean.

No coffeemaker in the room but I was around the corner from the office where they had coffee available. Unfortunately, it was very weak and tasteless. But several restaurants/convenience stores are within a quarter mile so going out for breakfast wasn't a problem.

A couple of odd things: housekeeping completely skipped my room on Saturday. I was traveling alone so there really wasn't anything to clean but fresh towels would have been nice. I ended up walking down to the office to get them myself. Not really a problem but if the housekeeping staff is wondering why I didn't tip, it's because you did nothing for me. I also didn't notice until I got home that I was charged $1.50 per night for the use of a room safe when I did not use mine. Neither one of those things were a deal breaker for me though.

Unlike other budget motels in this area (which gets a lot of transient workers employed in the natural gas fields), the clientele seemed well behaved. I wasn't awakened before dawn by the sound of idling trucks and boisterous men shouting back and forth across the parking lot. In fact, I was surprised when I opened my door on Saturday morning to pouring rain - I hadn't heard a thing.

Check out was also painless and again, the front desk staff is extremely friendly. I will definitely stay here again. It's clean, safe, convenient, and quite affordable. The front desk clerk said they are scheduled for a renovation so I expect the prices will go up.

Room Tip: I was in 115 - first floor and doesn't face any other rooms so that probably helped reduce any p...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank You. We do our best to make each guest feel welcomed. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in May and August. Excellent spot during our drive home from Florida to Toronto, ON. Great location and comfortable sleep. In August, we left behind a container with dental appliances. We phoned the front desk and let them know they had been left, they looked and phoned to let us they had been found. Joann mailed them to us and we had them within 5 days. We really appreciate the excellent service by Joann and her staff and would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank You for your kind words. We are happy to help our guest in any way we possible can. It was our pleasure and I have passed your message along to our entire staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am a Red Roof loayalty member, and hate to give bad reviews of RR's, but, I couldn't give anything positive about this place except for the lady that worked the desk when we checked in/out. She was very nice, and quick about getting us checked in and out.
About the room.. we stayed in a ground floor room, and there was a substantial crack in the foundation that reached from the room door to the back wall of the room, you could easily feel the crack through the carpet... Then the light fixtures next to the bed were hanging loosely on the wall...Then in the bathroom, there apparently had been a huge leak of some sort as the wallpaper was patched together ( and not very well) on the wall, and the walls and ceiling were stained, and the towel bar fell off the wall when my wife tried to use it... The shower had what my wife thought was a "no slip" mat in it, but, after using the shower, we realized that it was only a "band-aid" to mask what appeared to be either a crack or hole underneath the mat, which made you feel uneasy wherever you stepped while in the shower. basically, the entire room needs to be repaired before they rent it to anybody else. The room and bed were clean, just not in good condition at all.
I'm not familiar with the area, but, I-79 is quite close by, and there is a huge plaza across the street with lots of restaurants, shops, and a Fairfield by Marriott, which I would probably check into if I'm ever in the area again. Morgantown, WV, home to West Virginia University is about 20-25 miles north of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I do apologize you were unhappy with your room conditions. I do hope that you will give us another chance once we have been rennovated.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter in August on our way north to visit some family. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The front desk person was very knowledgeable about the area and recommended a great place to have dinner! We will definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank You for your responce. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at the Fairmont Red Roof this past weekend & it was horrendous. Checked in on Saturday & checked out on Tuesday...the room had not been cleaned one time YET the door was left unlocked on Sunday & someone had apparently been in the room while we were out. The room smelled horrible, the smoke detector was hanging off the wall, mold in the bathroom, the bathtub leaked yet it took forever to drain while showering & the room was musty & damp. There was so much partying going on & people running around outside that we couldn't sleep at night. Not to mention, the steady stream of pimps & hookers going in & out of the rooms all hours of the night. Even had to deal with a big mix up with the room reservation...that was another nightmare. Red Roof corporate offices will be hearing from me. I wouldn't let a dog stay here.

Room Tip: Run don't walk away from this place...nasty, filthy, disgusting.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Annette D
Fairmont064, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

I apologized we were unable to meet your hospitality needs. While this is not our norm and we recogize and have taken the necessary precautions so this does not happen again.