“Overrated”

Poky Dot
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I don't know if it was the atmosphere of my group, but I was completely unsatisfied with the desserts. While the service was good, the pace was too slow. We waited over 45 minutes for our food and that is after we ordered. Then we had to wait at least another 30 after we ordered dessert to receive it. The whole point was dessert. I had a gigantic sundae. It looked amazing. However it was wrong. I didn't say anything because I could see how our waitress could have misinterpreted what I said. I was brought a chocolate sundae. The ice cream was terrible. Almost but not quite freezer burnt. The chocolate syrup was bitter. The other dessert we ordered was an Oreo cake and that was good. My husband had such a bad experience we won't be giving this place another try.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

This was my first time for my family at this restaurant and I'll match Poky Dot's hamburger's up against any other restaurant's anywhere. I had the French Onion hamburger, added jalepenos and a side of Salt and Pepper fries...WOW-oh-WOW delicious. The retro, 1950's diner atmosphere is unique, the service is EXCELLENT (we were there when it was packed and the staff handled it with grace and respect.). Of course there is a culinary circus going on all around you as they make their world famous shakes, sundaes and their amazing banana splits that are just indescribable here - ya got to see and taste their desserts to believe it. I've heard that their other food menu items are also very good.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

The ice creams and desserts are to induce a sugar coma if you are into that. Besides the sugar you can still find healthy delicious foods!

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Fun diner type restaurant, cute colorful decorations. Has VERY limited amount of parking. Good selection of food choices. Food was fair and portions were small and pricy. Pictures of the desserts had about 5-6 bits worth for $5.99 each. They had more whip cream than pie. Chicken salad croissants were on very small croissants. Regular fries were mushy and greasy.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

We waited for 20 minutes to be seated at a table. This was not a bad wait, but the woman who seemed to be in charge asked us 3 times how many of us there were when we were the only ones waiting. We then waited a good 15 minutes before we were asked what we wanted to drink. We were seated at the counter, where we watched who seemed to be the manager yelling at staff through the kitchen window. The orders were very unorganized causing chaos for the servers who were only getting yelled at by the woman for asking for their orders. I got the lolipop shrimp, which was a poor decision. The shrimp was not de-veined nor was it cooked all the way through. After complaining, we still had to pay for the meal, while the manager lady yelled at the kitchen staff. We were going to order the famous shakes, but the servers seemed so frazzled by the manager we did not want to add additional stress to their day.

Been to Poky Dot? Share your experiences!