“Funky local place!”

Poky Dot
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting Fairmont on business and was taken here for lunch. This place is Adorable!! The atmosphere is so unique and they have plenty to choose from on the menu. Great spot for lunch!

There are newer reviews for Poky Dot

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great place to eat when visiting WVU. Quirky, fun atmosphere. Friendly staff. Breakfast was very good and you definitely got a lot for your money.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

As soon as you drive in and see the diner, you know you will be in for a good experience. Poky Dot is very bright and colorful, with decorations that rotate through the seasons. I have visited a couple of times and have been satisfied with my food every time. The burger is large (half pound) and cooked to perfection with a pink center. it comes with pickle, tomato, lettuce and onion. You can add bacon and cheese, which I recommend, for an additional charge. It comes with a side of either French fries or homemade potato chips. I am in love with homemade potato chips and these did not disappoint. They were nice and crispy, not to greasy and salted perfectly. On another visit, I had the turkey reuben. Most turkey reubens that I have eaten at restaurants have coleslaw instead of sauerkraut, but this was served with sauerkraut. I prefer coleslaw, but it was still good. The portions are very large and reasonably priced. I will definitely go back, I have heard great things about their peanut butter pie and ice cream sundaes.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Poky Dot was rated top diner in Morgantown Magazine and I was anxious to try it even though it's 30 miles from my home. It was worth the trip and I will look forward to eating there again. Chocolate milkshake didn't disappoint--thick, creamy and delicious. Pulled pork sandwich was flavorful.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Spinach omelet and a great cup of Joe in a fun atmosphere! The wait staff were all so friendly. If you are in the area it is a must! It was fun to see patrons being served their crazy breakfast on a garbage can lid!

Been to Poky Dot? Share your experiences!