“On par with excellent restaurants in Richmond”
Review of Aquarium Lounge - CLOSED

Aquarium Lounge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Let me start by saying that we just recently moved to Fairmont from Richmond, VA where there are many great restaurants. We had dinner last night at the Aquarium Lounge and it was DEFINITELY on par price wise and quality wise with some of our favorite restaurants in the Richmond area. I had a petite filet topped with a garlic butter/crab "sauce". It was more of a solid garlicky crab cake than a sauce (in a very good way). My husband had a perfectly cooked prime rib and specially requested a side of fried scallops ... That were phenomenally done in panko breadcrumbs. I almost forgot the escargot in a garlic blue cheese provolone sauce ... Perfect! We tried Aquarium Lounge on a whim and thought we might rule it out, only to consider it a new favorite restaurant!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very good steaks and seafood. The Tuna steak I got was very tasty. The service is fine. It is in a funky looking part of town (think "hole in the wall") but this is a local favorite.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The Aquarium has always been a special place for my wife and me. When we are in Fairmont, we frequent the Aquarium. Two particular favorites for us are the filets and the tuna. It continues to amaze me that how can a landlocked restaurant located at least 8 hours from the coast can prepare tuna to rival that of any seaside eatery. The wine selections are adequate, with reasonable pricing. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give the Aquarium a solid 9.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was a favorite in college. We recently visited, and it was just as good as I remembered. When the lights are dimmed, it's a perfect spot for a date night, but just as comfortable for friends or a business dinner. The decor, atmosphere, service, and food is all impeccable. My recommendations: spinach salad, swordfish, filet, and sausage stuffed banana peppers.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've traveled all over the US with work. Hard to beat a filet Mignon from the Aquarium !. Only once in 15 years was there a glitch. They took it off the bill and gave us a gift cert for our next visit.Sweet!