“Perfect for business travelers and family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Fort Worth, TX
“Perfect for business travelers and family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

While working an extended assignment in the area, I have stayed in nearly every reasonable brand in the area (Holiday Inn Express in Fairmont, Wyndham Wingate in Bridgeport, Hilton Garden Inn in Bridgeport, and the Hampton Inn as well as others). The Holiday Inn Express in Fairmont is by far the better hotel in the area.

The staff is both professional and friendly and they will go the extra mile to ensure your stay is perfect. I have never witnessed otherwise and I have been staying at this specific property for a long while now.

The rooms are spacious and include nice amenities such as microwaves, refrigerators, and flat panel televisions in every room. The beds and pillows are perfect; ultra-comfortable. Unlimited hot water with the nicest of showers and bathrooms make it relaxing after a long day.

For the business traveler (and family), the Internet connection and bandwidth is the best in the area. The other local hotels (for whatever reason) cannot touch the bandwidth at this hotel. It is one of the reasons I no longer stay at the other hotels in the area.

For those families that bring their children's gaming consoles, feel free to hook it up to the HDMI port on the TV and play. Other hotels (e.g. the Wyndham Wingate in Bridgeport) block your ability to do this, but this hotel does not.

The fitness center, pool, and hot tub are exceptional as well.

For the cost of lodging in the area, this hotel represents the best value and quality of amenities for your money - as well as the most professional and caring staff.

Room Tip: While this location is a bit average, you are only one exit away (drive South on I-79 one mile) from...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I am glad to hear that all of your stays have been a success and I would like to thank you for the kind review. We hope to continue to satisfy all of your needs on all of your future visits. Thank you again and I will pass your comments on to the staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chapmanville, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I've stayed here several times since the beginning of 1012. Usually once a month, on business. The staff is always very friendly. Rooms, spotless. Everyone courteous. Nice location. One time, I had to say a couple of hours past check out time and I asked the clerk if that was ok. There was no problem. I have never had a bad experience. I stay in a lot of Hoilday Inns and the Express. This is one of the best ones that I have stayed, including regular Holiday Inns. Breakfast is great as well. No complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind review. I am glad to hear that you have never had a bad experience with us and will strive to make sure that continues.
Ambler, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Upon arrival, wasn't greeted too nicely by the front desk staff. They were experiencing computer difficulties and were pretty 'short' with another guest & our group. Rooms are well appointed and fairly clean. Glad that I had 2 beds in my room, because one had a noisy, plastic type bedliner on the mattress. Yuck!

Staff wasn't too friendly or helpful. Actually they called our room & said there were 'several' noise complaints about our room. When I went downstairs to speak with the front desk about it in person, they were quite rude. And when the staff member pointed out what the noise was, it was simply people walking above the front desk area. I could actually hear it in my room, too...from the rooms above me. It appears that the floors are possibly not as sound proof as they should be so they must get a lot of complaints.

All in all, an average hotel that could use a little more work on their customer service.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear JoanneSt,

I appreciate your willingness to share your experience! I am pleased to know that you liked our room accommodations. It seems your overall stay with us was not 100% satisfactory. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you had with our staff. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again on your next visit.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

The rooms we rented were as nice as higher priced hotels in the city...comfortable beds, nicely decorated rooms...very welcoming and friendly people. Definitely clean. Workout area was also as good as a larger place..pool and hot tub, nice
Always a dependable place to stay. The breakfast was adequate

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patti S
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Just wanted to take a few minutes to thank you for the kind remarks. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you can make it back to see us in the future.
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express was a hidden gem. The staff here was fantastic and friendly. The cleanliness was exceptional throughout the hotel from lobby, to the fitness area, to the room. Everything in the room was well kept and nothing looked old or overly used. I appreciated the snacks and water left in the room.

While I don't know if I will ever have occasion to be in Fairmont, WV again, I would stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Away from the elevators is always a good rule of thumb in Holiday Inn Express'.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for such a lovely review. We want our guests to feel comfortable in a clean and friendly atmosphere. I will be sure and pass on your comments to the staff so that they can see our hard work and enthusiasm is paying off.
Oswego, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

You won't be disappointed with this Holiday Inn property. Nice little town that you can walk to resturants and movie theather and shopping area. The rooms were very clean and the staff was attentive to our few needs, during our stay. When we come back to WV, I will definately consider staying here again if we are in this area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I a very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that your travels bring you back to the area again.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The people from the front desk were so nice and welcomeing They even gave us a tour.

The rooms were so clean and PERFECT the beds were the best mattress.

The price was fine and the rooms were big!!!

The breakfast was PERFECT there was pancakes juice eggs waffles cereal milk beacon sosage and more

It is a MUST for us to stay again

Keep up the good work

also the hotel was decorated with easter things

Room Tip: choose the room farther from the elavater
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 123155019
Tammy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairmont, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It nice to hear that we are doing a good job and I will be sure and pass on your kind words to my staff. We do try to decorate for the seasons we have out our Halloween decorations at this time.