“Worth the Stay”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
new jersey
“Worth the Stay”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We spent 3 nights in this Super 8 and definitely came away satisfied. The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom was bright and well appointed. In general, the entire facility reflected an excellent and caring staff. Each morning we enjoyed a nice continental breakfast in the lobby and coffee was available all night long. The only minor complaint was our rather dated television which had a distracting scratch on the screen and overall poor picture quality.

Although the town of Fairmont is rather depressing, we were only using our hotel as a home base so it didn't really matter to us.

This Super 8 is an excellent value and we recommend it highly. Thanks super 8!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hartford, West Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I have stayed at this Super 8 a couple of times with my young children and have always been pleased. My mother leaves only twenty minutes away which is so easy to spend the day with her and return in the evening for a good night sleep before returning home in the morning. Breakfeast is always fresh and cookies too! I have stopped on my way to my mom's in the a.m hours and they have always given me a room at the best rate. I will most definitely stay at this Super 8 again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank thoward7
Buffalo ,New York
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Never stayed at a super 8 and was leary . What a nice hotel.Clean, friendly staff just what a travel stop should be. Pretty lobby big TV and lounge chairs,coffee and cookies. Nice variety breakfast and included realy great donuts

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed here as an overnight stop while driving south. I was nervous about staying someplace so cheap, but other reviewers claimed it was clean, so we gave it a go. It was, in fact, very acceptable. The rooms were clean and spacious with mini fridge and microwave oven. There was a slight, funky "cleaning supply" smell, but nothing horrible.

It definitely wasn't fancy, but for around $50, it was a fine value. There was even a breakfast of sorts. And with interior hallways, we felt safe.

The lobby reeked of cigarette smoke, but our non-smoking rooms not far from the lobby did not.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue K
beaverton ontario
Reviewed November 5, 2008

This was a stop on the way home from vacation and is great. I had booked four rooms all were as ordered clean and comfortable.
This is better than most of the more expensive hotels I have stayed in.
Front desk staff were great.
Breakfast adequate.
Security good.
I will stay here for a few days to explore the area next time through.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2008

You could pay way more and not get a room this nice. Everything you expect out of a hotel you can find here except for a pool. Clean rooms , freindly staff, good continental breakfast, cookies set out at night. Free internet access in all of the rooms (wireless) micro/ fridges in the rooms and a Cracker Barrel within walking distance. Probably one of the best super 8 motels that I have stayed at. This is definately not a flop house for contractors, migrants and drug dealers like a lot of Super 8 hotels in large cities are.

• Liked — Great price...great room
  • Disliked — no elevator but, most it only has 2 floors and most Super 8 hotels don't have elevators.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank pacdog
Robson, West Virginia
Reviewed May 9, 2008

We stayed here for 3 days on business. I got in very early for check-in (9:30 am) and they had a room ready for us that early! We called them ahead and they almost sounded like they wouldn't be able to, but they exceeded our expectations! Check-in was a breeze and the desk clerk was so friendly.
The rooms are a bit smaller than we normally see, but everything was in good running order and didn't seem cramped. The cable TV has atleast 60 channels and the high speed internet runs well even on Windows Vista! Our room had a microwave and fridge, and my guess is that every room does. The 2 bed rooms have queen beds and they're pretty comfortable. Our room faced the back of the building and there is a wonderful view, almost like you're nowhere close to an interstate or any town! It's a very peaceful area. Pleasant Valley definitely fits the town's name!
The housekeeping staff here was excellent! The girl that took care of our room asked me if we needed anything (a first for any hotel I've been to!). She was so polite and didn't barge in when our Do Not Disturb sign wasn't up (we had one barge in at another hotel.....very bad thing to do!). Usually I don't like the maids coming in when we need a tidy, but I didn't mind her because she was so polite:)
The breakfast is pretty good, nothing special. I swear that this Super 8 and the one in Clarksburg/Bridgeport are sister hotels. They serve identical breakfasts and the rooms are decorated the same. Definitely not a bad thing though, they are both nice places! I definitely recommend both of them if you need a clean comfy room along I-79!

• Liked — great service, nice view, very peaceful!
  • Disliked — room was smaller than the norm, but not cramped
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business