“Awesome Lunch!”

Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Fairmont
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Celebrating 48 years! We are a full service restaurant consisting of Banquets, off site Caterings, and Private Dining. We have a scenic view with our out-door deck seating over looking the river. Muriale's Restaurant specializes in Southern Italian cuisine made from family recipes handed down through generations. Stop in and try our favorites such as Our Homemade Lasagna, Meatball Casserole- a bed a pasta topped with our homemade meatballs , fresh peppers & melted mozzarella. or try a classic Spaghetti topped with our meat sauce and meatballs made in house from the freshest ingredients available. We have an array of homemade desserts that cure anyone's sweet tooth! Such as, an Italian classic tiramisu or a warm apple crumble pie topped with homemade butter pecan ice cream and caramel.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I ate at Muriale's on 7-23-13 for lunch. It was fantastic! The salad was absolutely the best I ever ate anywhere. Zach, our waiter, was very personable and proficient. We each had the lunch special (mine was manicotto and my wife had rigatoni.) It was a great meal for the price. I wish I would have had some appetite left for dessert as they samples on the tray looked delicious. The decor is very nice also. We can't wait for return to Fairmont and a visit to Muriale's.

1  Thank Tom551

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have lived in West Virginia over 15 years. Muriale's has always a dependable favorite for dinners, lunches, banquets, catering to your business location, and dinner meetings - and I have experienced them all. The food is fresh, flavorful, and the atmosphere enjoyable. This last visit (which moved me to write this review since I normally only review restaurants when I am traveling) was eating on the back porch and the menu.

The back porch was relaxing, quiet, zen like. The food was excellent - we ordered the homemade sausage in sauce, pasta, and a steak hoagie with onion rings. They always have the most amazing desserts (which unfortunately after the quantity of food you receive are usually difficult to eat though I have definitely been known to utilize the to-go option. )

The one thing that surprised me was that this trip I finally noticed that they identify allergens on the menu and offer gluten free options including pasta - way to go Rocco!. It really opens up dining experiences. I do recommend this restaurant and will continue to enjoy it.

1  Thank cdaughe
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First, we note that Muriale's Italian Restaurant is listed as #1 in Fairmont; however, TripAdvisor also lists Muriale's as #16. We are certain that Muriale's Italian Restaurant is double listed on TripAdvisor.

We have been pleased Muriale's Italian Restaurant diners (lunch and dinner) for 40 years. To our mind, Muriale's Italian Restaurant can hold it's own with any Hill restaurant (St. Louis) or any other Little Italy restaurant in the U.S. serving southern Italian cuisine.

We do not "get" the mixed reviews, but if Muriale's Italian Restaurant is operating after 40 years and several recessions, they are doing nearly everything right (we did not say all things, and perhaps some dissenters have a point.)

We experience Muriale's Italian Restaurant 2-3 time per year on our visits to the Appalachians. And we have experienced consistency. Also it is not fair to compare Colasessano's Pizza with Muriale's Italian Restaurant. In our view both are great, but the dining experience is very different.

Muriale's Italian Restaurant excels at hot sausage and peppers; we always order as an appetizer. We really like the linguine and clams (we order both sauces.)

The service is great, and a steady stream of cooks seem to maintain the original recipes; yes, we do specify al dente linguine.

The tariff is appropriate for the fare.

4  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have eaten at Muriale's two times now and was extremely happy with the food and service both times. The house salad is one of the best I have ever had at an Italian restaurant. Everything was fresh and topped with different ingredients such as pickled onion, roasted red peppers and pepperoni. My entree's were a Taste of Italy and Spaghetti and meatballs. The pasta was done just right for me, the meatballs were tender and moist, and the sauce full of flavor. I really enjoyed the lasagna most in the Taste of Italy dish, I would get that next time. The servers were friendly and checked in regularly to see if everything was fine and to fill glasses. It can get busy on Friday and Saturday evenings, so expect a 30-40 minute wait during prime dining time. We did not try to make reservations, so I don't know if it is an option. I will definitely return and take guests to Muriale's

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food is authentic southern Italian and very good. Fresh homade salad dressing and sauces were all full of flavor. The big reason for the 3 stars is because of the pasta. The pasta was overlooked. All Italian resturants in Italy serve it aldente unless you specifically request it to be overlooked, then you get a dirty look. Ours came to the table overcooked and we got a dirty look for asking it to be redone aldente. It came back 20 minutes later (everyone was finished eating there entre by then) overcooked again.. I have traveled all around the world, extensively in Italy, but have only seen these prices in Fairmont WV? Not even in fancy, gourmet resturants will you find a $20 salad. Come back down to earth and charge normal prices, cook the pasta aldente and I may come back for the flavor and ambiance.