“Awesome service !”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I had recently stayed at the Clarion and received some of the best hotel service. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and one in particular (Brandy) helped me with my luggage and opening the doors for me. She did a wonderful job on the upkeep of my room while I stayed at the Clarion. Thank you for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
JR B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience while visiting our hotel. Our staff does an outstanding job and takes pride in the service they deliver to our guests. Brandy is one of our assoiciates who demonstates outstanding service as you have experienced first hand. Brandy has been a true asset to our housekeeping staff and it is a pleasure working with her everyday. Again, Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We did a 5 week 4,000 mile trip. Awesome hotel. Very up to date, & clean. The food from their restaurant was very good. We used the room service, what a treat that was. Food came hot, large servings and was very, very good. Husband got the country fried steak. Oh, and the room had 4 real glass drinking cups & mugs to use & they were each placed on paper doilies. Have not seen that in years. 'loved it'! Breakfast was free and besides the usual items, with having a restaurant on site, it also included fresh made french toast, eggs with cheese, spicy sausage, and my favorite bacon. They are also pet friendly which is what we needed since our pet travels with us.

Room Tip: The extra cost is worth it when you want more than the basics once in a while.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hohoholly
Reviewed December 11, 2013

the people up front are rude,,, when i ask for a key they come out and say "what" like i am inconvievianceing them. cant believe this place is still in buisness...service is teriible.1 hour wait for a beer at the bar.. the only good thing is the bed is comfortable. other than that do not stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
JR B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

I would like to apologize for the service you received while visiting our hotel. The experience you had falls very short of what we expect. We have however adjusted the scheduling in our Food and Beverage areas to have more staff available to help in those areas. I hope you are able to give us another chance to showcase our true customer service and amenities our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is not your usual Clarion that caters to the business profession. It was comfortable, but far from clean. Dirty steps and hallways from the work boots of the crews staying there (no offense to you hard workers). It just needs more of a staff to keep up with the needs.

While I did not eat there, the food in the restaurant was complimented by those who did.

They were very accommodating with my need to have FedEx pick up a shipping case. They were also very responsible in keeping an item that forgot and was able to return a few weeks later to retrieve.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tennswo

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am glad to read about the positive experience you had with our facility. We have been able to scheduled more staff to assist with cleaning the entrance and public areas of the hotel. We take pride in the cleanliness and service of our staff and hotel and we want each of our guests to have an outstanding and comfortable stay.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Clarion in Fairmont has been around for a while, but offers what one wants in an inexpensive stay: a clean room, a comfortable bed, and a filling breakfast. The motel is convenient to the highway (I-77) near Morgantown. There are touches of a better grade motel (real glasses and cups rather than styrofoam) in a setting that is typical of a moderate on-the-highway motel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wendell R

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and use these reviews as ways to improve the service and amenities we offer. I'm very happy to see you had a great experience while staying with us. Our full service breakfast has made a big impact with our guests and I'm sure will continue to stay that way.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

After making reservations several months in advance for a room with two double beds upon arrival we were given a room with one bed and a sofa sleeper. It was late and with no other options we had to accept the room. We had other future bookings after West Virginia University football games and were assured our room would have two beds the next time. Upon arrival the next scheduled stay we had the same issue. Even though we were going to be charged for the room we opted to leave and cancel all future reservations. The management is irresponsible and not responsive to customers. We plan on contacting the regional manager. Customer beware!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula G

I wanted to apologize for the inability to honor your room request. We did refund the amount charged since we were unable to keep our promise to you and your guests. I truly apologize for not being able keep our promise and only hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was surprised at the poor condition of the room I stayed in, room 219. One of the bedside lamps didn't work. The one on the side I wanted to use. The night stand had a cup ring stain on it. I swiped it with a moist finger and the stain smudged. That means no one even tried to clean it. There was a dead bug in the picture that was at the head of the bed. I worried the bug would fall off and onto my head so I got a wash cloth to remove the bug. it turned out the bug was between the print and the glass. Gross!! The arms of the chair had multiple stains on it. The toilet was stained on the inside and the wall paper was peeling off. It was incredibly disgusting and I couldn't believe they were charging me $150 for this room. Way overpriced!! I did sleep in the room but only because it was 2:00 in the morning when I checked in and I was leaving at 6am. I only stayed there because I was too tired to continue driving. I contacted the company and was told someone from the hotel would call me within 72 hrs. A week later I received a call from the corporate office checking to see if I'd received a call from the hotel manager yet. I said no and caller apologized and offered to give me a $100 gift certificate towards my next stay. I definitely will never be staying there again.

Room Tip: try a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Thel725
JR B, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I wanted to take the time to write a review of your recent experience at our hotel. I would also like to apologize for the cleanliness issues you witnessed during your time with us. I am extremely disappointed that we did not deliver on our promise to all of our guests, which is to offer top-notch guest service and cleanliness. I assure you, we have addressed these items with each member of our management team and will continue to do a better job. I also want to apologize that no one from the hotel was in contact with you regarding these issues.