“Could Use A Refurbishment”
Review of Days Inn Fairmont

Days Inn Fairmont
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Reviewed March 22, 2014

While my room was, overall, clean, I found it to be fairly uncomfortable due to the hotel being utterly run down. My blankets had a huge burn hole in them, which I didn't quite understand why the management would continue to use the blanket on the bed. The internet access was essentially non-existent, which was extremely disappointing as I was there on business and needed such access. I ended up having to use my mobile phone which had faster, more reliable, access than their wi-fi. The bathtub had a drip in the faucet... which was more like a steady stream of water that ran continuously. The television was a small CRT display that took forever for the channels to change. In a pinch, this would be more acceptable than sleeping in ones car, but just that. The staff at the hotel were not especially polite or inviting either, but rather frank and "down to business." Greeting customers with a smile goes a long way and is a basic courtesy that management should encourage. In addition, the location of the facility was a little confusing as it is actually behind another building whose parking area you have go drive through to go behind the facility to find the hotel. A continental breakfast is served; fruit and some prepackaged breakfasty breads, but the coffee in the room and front is quite weak.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gottesfreunde
General M, General Manager at Days Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2015

We here at the Days Inn Fairmont value all our guest opinions and concerns. The building has been in need of some upgrades for some time. That is why we have started our upgrades. While all of the rooms have not yet been completed, the majority of them are finished. We will continue to upgrade our guest rooms until they are all finished. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at daysinnfairmontwv@gmail.com if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave K

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My experience was horrible and as this is a days inn I would think some guide lines would have to be adherred to, The charge is $64,50 per night which is the going rate for this area, so I would expect a top notch facility. I realize this is an older location but some money should be spent to insure the quality I expect when I stay at a days inn, Even though this is an out of the way area the motel was fully booked for this Friday and Saturday nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gloria S

The Days Inn would like to send our sincere apologies for any inconveniences during your stay. Our hotel has went through many renovations and is currently still being renovated, because we are committed to our guests satisfaction. We will continue to upgrade our guest rooms until they are all finished. We appreciate your business and hope that we can have the chance to serve you in the future

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Completely run down overpriced for condition of the room. Drapes had to held closed safety pins walls filthy doors just as bad. My wife and I will stop staying at Days Inn in the future

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rick G

Thank you for your stay and for taking time out to write a review. I certainly apologize about the problems you encountered, but want you to know that these issues can and have been fixed. I hope that we can have the chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival the lady behind the desk was nice and quick getting us checked in. The room was not spectacular but for what we paid it was ok. It is an older motel but our room was clean. My wife immediately stripped the bed for inspection. No Bugs in our room ;)
Location was great. Close enough to everything but out of the main mess. For the cleanliness and price we would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rick c

We strive to ensure customer satisfaction, and will be sure to satisfy all your lodging needs upon your next visit. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am not sure why this Days Inn is still open but it should be closed down and bulldozed. While I understand the usual traffic is men working on the pipline 9at least that's what I was told as to why everything in the area was sold out), Days Inn should still take pride in their establishment. The first indication when I walked in the door, the woman behind the desk was more interested in what was on the television than checking me in. Once I received my door key, I opened the door and it looked like a room from the Bates Motel. The bedspreads (yes, bedspreads, who still does that) were the satiny multi colored ones with so many snags in them you really couldn't tell they were bedspreads, the bedskirts were tattered and torn that they served absolutely no purpose. The bed was so lumpy, and pillows so flat it looked as someone had just slept in the bed right before I walked into the door. The carpet was new, but the television was a 19" tube television from 1980's, and I had to turn the television on manually but thankful the remote worked to change the channels and volume. The desk chair was so tattered I thought I would fall out of it if I sat in it. The free WiFi, no such thing, I couldn't even get service on my phone, and I have verizon and can get service everywhere. Let's talk about the phone in the room. First of all, I am a female traveling alone, so I always like to check if I can call the front desk. Well not at Days Inn Fairmont, every button I pushed I got a quick busy signal. I was then writing down the phone number to text to someone since I didn't have a signal on my cell phone. Low and behold, the phone had a Disney World Carribean Beach Resort cover on it and the numbers on the phone were from the Florida area. WTH! I then had to go look for my reservations to get the number there. Now I understand buying the used phones from someone but you could have least put a Days Inn cover on the phone along with the right information. They would have never found me with a 407 number. Now I really feel safe at your facility. The front desk attendant redeemed herself the next day when I went and asked for an iron and she offered a raggedy tabletop ironing board (not her fault). I know you can't held how your facility is built but you should have thought twice with the bad weather and the many work trucks in the parking lot. When you are on the bottom floor and they all go to warm up their trucks, I was dying from the fumes.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

On behalf of the staff at the Days Inn Fairmont, WV I want to apologize for any inconveniences that you may have faced during past stays. Rest assured that we are taking every possible step to correct any and all problems that are brought to our attention. If given a second chance, I am confident that the experience of our recent improvements to our hotel will leave only positive opinions. We have been doing upgrades to the hotel. I hope you are willing to give us another chance and if given that chance we will change your mind

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice place to stay to get out of the frigid weather temps. Very quiet atmosohere was very condusive for a much needed night of sleep.rooms need a little updating but no other complaints for me as I needed to get off the road for a little bit

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank tess21502

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. This type of communication aids us in bettering our hotel. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what were doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.