“The room needs a whole lot of work. The hotel was hard to...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Fairmont

Days Inn Fairmont
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bel Air
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

First of all, I had placed my reservation online Dec. 27, 2012 for May 18/19, 2013. When I called the hotel to amend the reservation the week prior, I found out that only one room had been booked...despite my confirmation clearly stating two rooms. The next day they offered me a smoking room which I turned down as members of our party were asthmatic and also we had a toddler traveling with us. The hotel did nothing more to help us until the booking company called back the third time and at that time they had just had a cancellation.

So in the end, we did have a room but I was not impressed with the help we got in the face of no room during graduation weekend. The room itself was adequately clean but nothing superior. the bed was not made well and there was water damage along the baseboards of the bathroom which had obviously been there quite a while.

I was very disappointed as I have stayed at other Days Inns and had very positive experiences. This particular location is marked off of my list!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Karen H,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for not having your second room. What site did you book this room at? The online booking sites send all of their reservations electronically into our database. Most of the time these reservations arrive with no problems, but there are problems that do arise from this process at times. Even though you make the reservations online it is always a good idea to contact the hotel, what ever hotel you book, shortly after making the reservation to ensure that the hotel did receive the reservation. It is a lot easier to fix at that time than after the point.

As you stated, this was graduation weekend and it was very hard to find any open rooms. I am sorry that we were unable to remedy this situation for you. I know they tried to get this resolved, but we were definatley unable to meet your expectations. You should have had a wonderful graduation weekend and we failed to give you that. I would like to talk to you more about this incident, you can reach me by email at daysinnfairmont@gmail,.com or by phone at
301-729-6265.

Thank you.

Brian Le Platt
Ballymena, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just spent 3 days here on recent trip to WV, website boasted renovation completed in 2011 which wasn't evident to me based on my observations during stay. I found staff friendly, bedroom was spacious and bed comfortable but room and bathroom were in need of refurbishment as I doubt my room had not been touched under renovation in 2011. Stairway to top floor from reception end in need of repair at top. Continental breakfast was fine although decaf was always cold every morn, but staff were happy to make fresh. I would question at present the property being value for money. Wifi access was good. Light bulbs missing in room and sadly my request to add bulbs fell on deaf ears.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TGH8,

Thank you for your comments. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your basic needs. At this hotel we strive to exceed every guests expectations. If you have problems that are not being resolved please ask to speak to Kim, the manager of the hotel, and she will get your issues resolved for you in the future.
Marietta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I checked in and asked for 2 rooms side by side in which i was promised and lied to. won't stay again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Justin,

Please accept my apology for your rooms not being side by side. We do try to get rooms next to each other, but sometimes that is just not possible as people don't always check out when they are supposed to or other issues arise that prevent us from honoring that request.

You also mentioned in the title of your review that the room smelled musty. If you check into one of our rooms and there is a problem, please let us know immediately so we can remedy the situation.

Thank you for helping us become a better hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Fairmont hotels