Days Inn Fairmont
$93
$109
$93
Fairfield Inn
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I don't even know where to begin, it was that BAD.My family and I arrived at the hotel after a 5 hr drive, only wanting to just relax and settle in before dinner. The hotel clerk was RUDE, to say the least, and he used profanity in front of my 12 yr old, my mother and aunt & uncle.He also came around the counter at us, swearing, not sure what he thought he was going to do.I tried to find the police as the matter was that bad. He should not be working with the public, and should have lost his job that night. The mgr was contacted and she didn't even apologize that we were put out for the night, more bothered that her evening was interrupted. It just shows the lack of consideration for us. Needless to say, we got our money back, but left without a room at 9 pm, and did not know the area. We will NEVER stay at another Days Inn in my life.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all! Best tip I can give you.
Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Natalie H
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of run down hotels during my college years. As I get older I don't have as much tolerance for it.

The hotel clerk at our 12 midnight checkin was average. He was nether friendly or rude. The hotel lobby is in fair condition.

My parents also stayed in this hotel; their room had a broken bathroom fan that looked like it would fall from the ceiling at any time (room #220).

Our room #203 seemed okay on the surface. The bedspreads looked clean and new. The chair and furniture are from the last decade and not bad. Our problems began when we saw the broken door latch. My husband immediately surmised that someone had kicked in the door at some point.

As I was in the restroom, that was in fair condition. I heard my husband yell loudly. I come to see what had happened. He points to the bed in horror. I see used tighty whitey mens underware near the pillow. Yes, there was dirty underware inbetween the pillows.

We move the second double bed and I find that there isn't a fitted sheet on the bed. Just one thin flat sheet covered a mattress pad. I checked the bed for the tell-tell signs of bed bugs, and found none thankfully.

It took me quite a while to sleep because I felt uneasy, but finally dropped off at 1 am.

The front desk lady seemed upset for us when I told her about the underware incident. She asked for our room number but that was all. The free breakfast consisted of cereal, oatmeal, pastries and beverages.

We paid $70 for the night. It seemed way over priced for the accomdations we received. Strangely, there were tons of nice vehicles in the parking lot. It was WVU graduation, so I am betting most of the visitors couldn't find anywhere else to stay. That is what happend to us.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Milissae
Reviewed May 10, 2012

First off this hotel was a bit difficult to get to. They either bought land to build behind existing businesses or had businesses build in front of them. It was hard to find the drive especially at night. The clerk who checked us in was not very friendly, looking like he would much rather be elsewhere. He ran our CC auth so fast we were not able to get a discount, although when we mentioned it at checkout they told us they would tell the manager and we could call to get a refund. I am pleased to say the manager was proactive and did credit our account for the AAA discount. Good business on her part. The hotel was decent although a bit noisy due to the construction workers staying there. It definitely could use some renovating as well as better housekeeping.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the years. The last time was 2 years ago (2009) and then, we had a good experience. Sadly though, we recently stayed there and I can't say it was a very pleasant experience. On a positive note, the staff were very pleasant and courteous, the bed was comfortable & the room we stayed in was spacious. However, the carpet had huge stains on it & the bed comforter had stains on it. There were water stains (mold?) on the ceiling and in the bathroom. In order to turn the cold water tap on, you had to turn it backwards and then it squeaked so badly it was ridiculous. In order to have a warm enough shower, you had to turn the hot water almost all the way to the hottest setting. The heater/air conditioner fan was so loud and rickety that it made it hard to sleep. Breakfast the next morning (which is included) was fine, but they use styrofoam plates and when I toasted my bagel and put it on the plate, the plate melted onto my bagel. Even though we've been quite happy in the past staying at this same hotel over the years, this year's experience was very disappointing and I'm not sure I will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reynoldszoo
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The internet description indicated that all rooms had been renovated but our room did not appear renovated. Upon entering the room, there was one towel in the bathroom and the mirror was not clean. The microwave was dirty and the coffee maker did not immediately turn on. We were told that housecleaning had not finished cleaning the room and someone would return to finish cleaning. We had to request housekeeping twice to finish the cleaning. The internet service was erratic and very slow and didn't work at all for quite a few hours. The walls are paper thin and the guests next to our room decided to host a party that lasted until 1:30am. The front desk staff was unable to quiet the guests. The assistant manager was very understanding when we checked out a day early.

Room Tip: There are no elevators which make it difficult to carry large pieces of luggage to the second floor rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family