“Disappointing”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Fairmont
Phoenix, Arizona
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

The internet description indicated that all rooms had been renovated but our room did not appear renovated. Upon entering the room, there was one towel in the bathroom and the mirror was not clean. The microwave was dirty and the coffee maker did not immediately turn on. We were told that housecleaning had not finished cleaning the room and someone would return to finish cleaning. We had to request housekeeping twice to finish the cleaning. The internet service was erratic and very slow and didn't work at all for quite a few hours. The walls are paper thin and the guests next to our room decided to host a party that lasted until 1:30am. The front desk staff was unable to quiet the guests. The assistant manager was very understanding when we checked out a day early.

Room Tip: There are no elevators which make it difficult to carry large pieces of luggage to the second floor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank disneymama77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

We attended the WVU/LSU football game. By the time we got to the hotel, it was getting close to 2am and heavy fog had rolled in. This hotel is very hard to find. The directions they gave on the print out were flat out wrong. The hotel can not be seen from the road. It is behind a pharmacy and looks like a warehouse when you first come across it. We get into our room and was happy to see such a large space. But the light switches were at a level, my 2 year old would have loved. The hot and cold settings in the shower were mixed up. I am not a tall girl, I'm about 5'3. Even I had to duck down to use it. The towels were very small and there was no soap. It is a good thing I always bring my own. Someone had set the alarm to 630am and forgot to turn it off. When that went off, I had to task of trying to turn it off, sans glasses. We quickly found out that the walls were very very thin. I heard everything that was said in the room next to us. Needless to say, I was up. I did sleep well, but not sure if it was because of the bed or because it was 2am.
Overall, it served it's purpose but not sure we would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wvugirl2005

Travelers are raving about these Fairmont hotels

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We went to a College Football game.....stayed here and arrived late.. I booked on Days Inn.com and specifically requested a late arrival and no smoking room. Our room was GROSS and reeked of smoke, I called the front desk requesting anogther room and was told no more were available...... yet, i reserved one...... we attempted to sleep and could not as it smelled so badly my lungs hurt wen I woke up and we all had terrible headaches! It was dirty, the bathroom was gross and the stairs up to our second floor room had mats covering them because they were falling appart!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kerrigirl29
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

The place is fully renovated and every thing in the rooms was well, and no complains and were fully booked thru weekend

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Lanham, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel is awful and this is NOT an exaggeration! Let's see where do I start? Because of the condition of the rooms we were moved several times and it got worse each time. There was soiled carpet, water stained ceilings and walls, leaking faucets, soiled towels neatly fooled in the bathroom for use, ugh! There were puddles of water in front of every room on the upper level. A family member requested to speak with the manager...yep, you guess it-- she was gone for the day. So we left a message on her voicemail and have not heard a peep from her. PLEASE take my advise, do not stay in this hotel, sleep in the car instead!!! WE wished we had. This was the worst stay ever and did I mention embarrassing!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sweetp856
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

The hotel is deplorable the advertisement says there are 46 newly renovated rooms. If there are newly renovated rooms they were not at this hotel. The ceiling had a huge water stain (and appears that it might fall down any minute); the carpets were stained; the fan vent in the ceiling in the bathroom is filthy dirty; water running down the wall in the room with the ceiling stain; ashtrays in the "NON-SMOKING" ROOMS. Take care don't let anyone book you a reservation at this hotel you will be sorry. I WOULD NOT EVEN GIVE THIS HOTEL 2 STARS. I would not give it a rating at all

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DONOTSTAYTHERE
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

We were shocked to find all the nice hotels in Fairmont, West Virginia booked solid mid-week. Apparently there are lots of construction workers in the area and their company books the nice hotels Sunday through Thursday. With a tornado warning being issued for the area we decided to stay at the Days Inn Fairmont; it was the best of three we checked out that had availability. If it hadn't been for the tornado, we would have kept on driving. The location was good, right off I79 and close to restaurants. Outdoor corridors, dated furnishings, very basic continental breakfast with no coffee since their coffeemaker was broken. Lots of trucks in the parking lot. My recommendation; make advance reservations at a nicer hotel if you're planning on stopping in Fairmont.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple