“Amazing Pizza”

Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in Elkins
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2018

We visit Vintage almost every time we are in Elkins. Their pizza is hand tossed and wood fired and it is sooooooo good. They have the classics like margharita, but they also also have creative combinations like the "Whole on the Hog" which is one of our favorites. We rarely order anything else because we can never get past the pizza menu! LOL Décor is beautiful and inviting and the service is friendly and efficient. They also have some great private rooms for groups of about 16-24 for special parties, etc. I highly recommend this restaurant, even if you don't want to order pizza.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Excellent wine selection, no doubt best in Randolph County, and wonderfully prepared brick oven pizza. Fresh dough daily and countless toppings. Nice to have separate bar area for adults to converse without children around. Full dinner menu with steaks and seafood options, too.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

During our visit, my girlfriend and I were both unimpressed. She had a tiny chicken breast with 3-4 pieces of sautéed vegetables. None of it had any flavor and it cost around $20. I had a NY Strip (medium rare) with the asparagus, which I didn’t get because they ran out of asparagus. It was replaced with the same tiny amount of other vegetables that they served my girlfriend. My steak was the quality of a non graded steak I get on sale for $5.99 per pound at the supermarket. It had no flavor and was on the tough side. The steak came more medium-medium well and I didn’t even say anything to them about it. The steak cost around $30. Do yourself a favor and skip this place, there are too many good places to eat in Elkins to waste your money here.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018

This is the perfect date night location. It is exactly the romantic setting we were hoping for. My husband reserved a booth in the back private room area for our anniversary. They seemed to know instantly that we were the ones with a reservation (without us even saying anything.) The treatment we received was fantastic. The wait staff had dimmed the lights, and lit a candle for us. The room had about four similar styled booths and two tables. The remaining booths were filled later, but the privacy was still maintained. This was a celebration, so were prepared to splurge on all menu items. We started off with one of their February specialty cocktails each; both were well-made. We ordered the sesame tuna appetizer, and it did not disappoint. Everything on that plate flowed well, and was incredibly flavorful. This was the best appetizer we have ever ordered at any restaurant, and had us looking forward to dinner. We were not let down by dinner either. I ordered the Sun-dried Tomato Cod served with lobster risotto, asparagus, and paired with a George Deubouf Chardonnay. I am not usually a Chardonnay fan, but this dish and pairing made a believer out of me. My husband ordered the Vintage Tender Cut Medallions, and a malbec flight to try with it. The Altos Malbec was included in the flight, and was the recommended pairing to go along with his dish. That wine, was truly the best with his dish. We commented at how both our dinners tasted truly married to the wines they were paired with. We wondered how the chef and cook staff had managed the amazing compliment. We had tried the Altos Malbec previously, and with the recommended dishes it stated on the bottle and online, but none of the pairings we had seen or tried before compared to the way this tasted. We never order dessert, but everything was so incredible that we decided to try one. We shared their bread pudding dessert of the night. It beat my grandmother's hands-down. Everything we had last night was amazing. Phenomenal is the word I kept thinking the whole time we were there. I think only weather could keep us away from having this as an anniversary tradition from now on. We've tried higher end restaurants in Morgantown, Charlotte, and other areas, but this is the best of them all. We will be back! We even look forward to casually dining and ordering a pizza at some point, but the entrees were so good!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 8, 2017

A table was quickly prepared for our group of seven. Our server was a charming and very professional woman - not one to joke with you, but one who takes her job very seriously - and delivers great service. Kudos to management for finding such people.
Plenty of on-site parking. The atmosphere inside is quite pleasant - very inviting decor, quiet and subdued, even though decorated for the holidays. The place is scrupulously clean. Conversation among our party was not difficult. Hosting a large group here would not likely present a problem.
Food was fine - OK, but not spectacular. I did not appreciate the do-it-yourself Caesar salad - half of a stalk of Romaine lettuce, two anchovies, thinly sliced and seasoned toasts. and a glob of dressing at one end of the plate. I supposed that I was to cut it all up and mix it myself. Let me hasten to add: everything was as fresh at it could possibly be. Entrees were served hot and were made from scratch.
I would eat here again. I'd order a tossed salad...

Date of visit: November 2017