“Phenomenal!”

Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in Elkins
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2018

This is the perfect date night location. It is exactly the romantic setting we were hoping for. My husband reserved a booth in the back private room area for our anniversary. They seemed to know instantly that we were the ones with a reservation (without us even saying anything.) The treatment we received was fantastic. The wait staff had dimmed the lights, and lit a candle for us. The room had about four similar styled booths and two tables. The remaining booths were filled later, but the privacy was still maintained. This was a celebration, so were prepared to splurge on all menu items. We started off with one of their February specialty cocktails each; both were well-made. We ordered the sesame tuna appetizer, and it did not disappoint. Everything on that plate flowed well, and was incredibly flavorful. This was the best appetizer we have ever ordered at any restaurant, and had us looking forward to dinner. We were not let down by dinner either. I ordered the Sun-dried Tomato Cod served with lobster risotto, asparagus, and paired with a George Deubouf Chardonnay. I am not usually a Chardonnay fan, but this dish and pairing made a believer out of me. My husband ordered the Vintage Tender Cut Medallions, and a malbec flight to try with it. The Altos Malbec was included in the flight, and was the recommended pairing to go along with his dish. That wine, was truly the best with his dish. We commented at how both our dinners tasted truly married to the wines they were paired with. We wondered how the chef and cook staff had managed the amazing compliment. We had tried the Altos Malbec previously, and with the recommended dishes it stated on the bottle and online, but none of the pairings we had seen or tried before compared to the way this tasted. We never order dessert, but everything was so incredible that we decided to try one. We shared their bread pudding dessert of the night. It beat my grandmother's hands-down. Everything we had last night was amazing. Phenomenal is the word I kept thinking the whole time we were there. I think only weather could keep us away from having this as an anniversary tradition from now on. We've tried higher end restaurants in Morgantown, Charlotte, and other areas, but this is the best of them all. We will be back! We even look forward to casually dining and ordering a pizza at some point, but the entrees were so good!

Reviewed December 8, 2017

A table was quickly prepared for our group of seven. Our server was a charming and very professional woman - not one to joke with you, but one who takes her job very seriously - and delivers great service. Kudos to management for finding such people.
Plenty of on-site parking. The atmosphere inside is quite pleasant - very inviting decor, quiet and subdued, even though decorated for the holidays. The place is scrupulously clean. Conversation among our party was not difficult. Hosting a large group here would not likely present a problem.
Food was fine - OK, but not spectacular. I did not appreciate the do-it-yourself Caesar salad - half of a stalk of Romaine lettuce, two anchovies, thinly sliced and seasoned toasts. and a glob of dressing at one end of the plate. I supposed that I was to cut it all up and mix it myself. Let me hasten to add: everything was as fresh at it could possibly be. Entrees were served hot and were made from scratch.
I would eat here again. I'd order a tossed salad...

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

The appetizers and salads were tasty. We ordered two almond encrusted trout entrees. It came fried in cornmeal, which was an unpleasant surprise. It was dry and tasteless. We thought the lemon beurre blanc sauce had been forgotten. We were informed that it had been poured over the trout but was absorbed by the cornmeal. We informed the waiter that the meal was barely edible. The manager came over and immediately informed us that the dish is the restaurant's top seller and the restaurant had done nothing wrong. Her tone was hateful and condescending from the first words out of her mouth. Her attitude worsened as we explained that we did not like the dish. She offered to give us a free desert. We declined, as I have excluded processed sugar from my diet. She said there was nothing else she could do because, again, the restaurant had done nothing wrong. When we informed her that we would not return to the restaurant, she offered to take the issue to the chef. After a long wait, our check was brought to us, with the cost of one salad removed. The entire experience was an absolute disappointment. We will not return.

1  Thank LovinglifeinFL
Reviewed November 12, 2017

I've been there a couple of times. The food is "ok" but too pricey. I think the atmosphere is ok but this is not a restaurant I need to patronize frequently.

1  Thank Denise L
Reviewed October 27, 2017

We were here in October for dinner. The atmosphere was great with guitar music. The food was fantastic with extensive wine list. Service was excellent. Overall, a 4-5 star restaurant.

2  Thank Joan H