Isaac Jackson Hotel
$85
Hampton Inn Elkins(Elkins)(Great Value!)
$111
Hotels.com
Centennial Motel(Buckhannon)(Great Value!)
$85
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe grillrestaurant next doordefinitely stay here againcomfortable hotelinviting lobbystayed for one nightrailroad depotcomfortable bedsmake your own wafflestrain rideplace to staycinnamon rollschain hotelswould highly recommend this hotelcontinental breakfastbeautiful view of the mountainswonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We arrived at our designated hotel around 3:30 and could not find any sign for the Lobby. Then we spotted the sign in the middle of a new construction site. When I attempted to follow the sign, I was forced to backup out of the construction area to allow for an exiting back-hoe. When I was able to enter, a sign directed us to park behind the only finished building (located on the back of the property). There was one open space for parking, all other spaces were occupied by the construction crew and a few other guests. On returning from dinner that evening the parking lot was empty of the construction crew vehicles.

I should add that the rooms themselves were very comfortable and clean and the house staff was very accommodating. That being said, however, did not make up for the lack of parking space, and a dangerous construction area.

On the following day, we returned to the hotel around 4pm and again could not find any parking space in the designated area behind the finished building. I was forced to park in front of the building directly in the construction zone. The only space open was adjacent to a scaffold erected for brick work. This was indeed a "hard hat" area with no "danger" signs posted or even any warning signs. As with the back parking lot, this lot was full of construction debris and discarded bottles, building materials and other trash simply thrown about; certainly not an area ready for hotel guests.

On Friday morning, all the electricity went off around 8:30. I quickly dressed and went into the hall to enquire what was going on and was told that signs were posted saying that there would be a power outage for around 4 hours. When we returned to the hotel the preceding evening (and yes we did find a parking space in the designated area) we did not see a sign telling about the power outage. I found the sign on the door above my head and certainly not in plain view. also, I do not know when the note was posted since we returned to the hotel around 7:30 pm. We and our friends were in deep discussion and saw nothing unusual posted on the door. Note, a simple note placed under the door of our room or a phone call to the room would have been appropriate. After all many guest had already check out.

Bottom Line: This hotel SHOULD NOT BE PERMITTED TO OPEN IT DOORS TO GUESTS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE UNTIL MOST OF THE OUTSIDE HEAVY CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED AND A SAFE PARKING LOT IS PROVIDED. I will not return to this hotel under any circumstance!

Room Tip: Wifi is not secure even though it is provided at no cost (although this was a prepaid package and there was no breakdown of fees provided).
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I must say that the rooms were perhaps the prettiest I've seen, beautifully appointed and done with exceptional taste. Even the in-room art was lovely and you cant say that too often. The hotel is undergoing massive renovation to add more rooms and so its a bit of a confusion to locate the makeshift lobby. This of course is temporary. While the rooms sell themselves, I have to say that the staff is a little snippy and borderline suspicious. We were part of a tour staying there and sought shelter from the rain under the roofline of the attached restaurant. A restaurant worker all but chased us out of there, even knowing that we were registered guests. A weird vibe for sure from the folks that work there, but I'd stay there again. I do recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I thought it was a very nice stay, and it will be even better once the construction is done. The rooms were very clean an cozy. The 2 night package is really worth the price. Overall a very nice and relaxing get away!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Staff is very friendly and helpful with anything you need or want. Still under construction but very quiet.. Rooms are very clean and tv has many channels to choose from. Within walking distance of town. Gas prices are equal to other places and a few were lower. Will return..

Room Tip: Only one building open at this time but it is quiet. Have to park in back, but our room was at parking level and we parked in front of our room window..
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We chose to stay there near the end of May due to the great deal they were offering during their construction phase. I am always leery of deals that appear too good to be true even when they include pretty pictures but decided to go for it. I am glad we did. The room was immaculate, the decor classy and lovely and the beds were very comfortable. Getting in and out of the parking lot through and around the construction vehicles was challenging but doable. Our stay did not include breakfast as the restaurant was still under construction but it was still a very good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family