“Great Fried Chicken!”

Western Steer Family Steakhouse
Ranked #36 of 52 Restaurants in Elkins
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have eaten here several times while vacationing in Elkins. Definitely a notch above regular buffets, with great fried chicken and a nice variety of vegetables. Dessert is pretty run of the mill, though. The service is good and the staff friendly.

There are newer reviews for Western Steer Family Steakhouse

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very old and dirty building that needs torn down and a new upperclass steakhouse built on this location. Food was below average, all our orders were wrong, COLD blackberry cobbler on the buffet. Fatty cheap steaks, rather have fast food than this. Yuck!

2  Thank Michael G
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This restaurant was right across the street from the Super 8 Motel. The food is excellent. We have eaten there several times and everything was always very good.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I ate here the night before I rode the Cheat Mountain RR Salamander run to the ghost town of Spruce. The train ride was terrific (see review), and the food at this place was tasty, and a good value. I had all the fried chicken I wanted, plus green beans, and sweet tea, and a friendly waitress. Just right before bedding down in the Iron Horse Inn. I'd go again, and I'd recommend it to friends, like you. Enjoy.

1  Thank rangercatfish
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food is just like you find at most buffets and it is well stocked. The chicken is usually quite good. We would return because the price is good and the selection is good.