“A nice coffee shop for breakfast”
Review of Kissel Stop

Kissel Stop
Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Elkins
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stopped here for coffee and a breakfast sandwich before taking the scenic train in Elkins. The coffee was very hot, just like we ordered it. We had breakfast sandwiches with egg, bacon, tomato and mayo. They were very good as well.

The interior is a nicely decorated old store with wood floors. The employees were very nice and friendly. I recommend stopping here when in Elkins.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I had a quick window for lunch but since I don't eat fast food, I was looking around town. Kissel Stop has a great chicken salad sandwich for about $6. They have a good list of other options, too, from grilled cheese to Rachel/Ruben sandwich. My lunch hit the spot and while it would have been the perfect place to linger, I was able to dine and dash and still feel good about my meal.

I ended up going back the next day for a chai tea latte- delicious! I highly recommend this cafe, whether you need coffee and a snack or a meal. Great place and right in the center of town.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

As town locals, we have been to Kissel Stop time & time again, and they never disappoint! A charming bistro in the middle of town, Kissel Stop specializes in sandwiches, paninis, and gourmet beverages. Daily specials, friendly staff, fair prices for portions. I love their chicken salad on croissant or marble rye, and they have fantastic hot chocolate made with Ghiradelli chocolate! Our son son loves the tuna salad sandwich, Italian sodas & fruit smoothies, my husband loves the gourmet coffee (selections change daily). During some festivals & town events, they will stay open late, sometimes with entertainment and gourmet desserts! The seating space is limited, so lunch time gets a little crowded...I try to go a bit before or after to avoid the large crowds/lines. A great place to read the paper or catch up with an old friend while enjoying great food! Kissel Stop should be higher on the list of great places to eat in our town!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We walked around in towntown Elkins, W. Va. while attending the last few days of The Augusta Festival and wandered into the Kissel Stop. We ordered the chicken salad sandwich and the grilled cheese sandwich. They were generous and delicious. We had a choice of breads and cheeses and toppings. I ordered decaf coffee, which was excellent, and my husband enjoyed the latte. There were lots of coffee options available. We didn't order any of the pastries, but they looked great. I look forward both to returning to the beautiful little mountain town of Elkins and to having breakfast or lunch at the Kissel Stop.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love, love, love Kissel Stop sandwiches! Chicken salad and Ruben are my absolute favorites. Often busy at lunch so plan ahead a little if you are in a rush. Call in your order ahead of time and you are golden. On the other hand, if you want a chance to just relax, show up, order, and enjoy a break in your day. The wait is not that long, even at their busiest. Well worth a visit.