“Embarrassing”

Railyard Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 52 Restaurants in Elkins
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elkins, West Virginia
“Embarrassing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

I live in Elkins. Some of my family were visiting, so I took them here even though I had heard bad things from people who worked there, because I thought they were simply bitter because of their work experience there, and because it was close to where we were going.

I was, and am, embarrassed. The service was effectively non-existent. The food was mostly prepared in a microwave. At least if we had gone to the Go-Mart up the street and stood around the microwave we would have paid a more appropriate price, known what we were getting, and probably have had more interaction w/ the cashier than we did with the waiter at this restaurant.

There are quite a few decent restaurants in Elkins. This assuredly isn't one of them.

Visited March 2012
9 Thank Scott A

elkins wv
“A lovely dining experience all in all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went to the Railyard on Valentines day for their Very Romantic Dinner. They were featuring the Seth Maynard Jazz Trioo which fit in beautifully with the ambiance of the banquet room which was adorned with twinkle lights and candles. The food selection was beautiful; for the appetizers we had blue cheese and pear tartletts and a crab fondue spread. For dinner we had to choose between Lobster Ravioli, Prime Rib, Dill Salmon, Stuffed Pork Chops, and a Surf & Turf plate. (a most difficult choice to say the least) Everything was absolutely divine and for dessert we had an amazing pastry with chocolate and strawberries, and they gave everyone a champagne toast with dessert and all the ladies got roses at the end. All in all a most beautiful evening had by all! Kudos to the wait staff and the chef!

• Visited February 2012
Laurel, Maryland
“Good food, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

My daughter and I dined at Railyard as part of the Polar Express package, and we both had a wonderful experience. Enjoyed the live music and devoured the chocolate cake! The service was excellent. We would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank twinpowers
Elkins
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

My friend, her daughter, Bethany, and I attended the Polar Express Holiday Package. It was an early dinner at the Railyard restaurant before boarding the train, the Polar express. We were all excited, but Bethany most of all. She was so excited she couldn't sit still. That is until the live Christmas music started and the meal was served. Traditional turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce. And for dessert, the biggest piece of chocolate cake Bethany had ever seen! All in all, a very nice experience. We plan to go back next year.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Sue W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

What a NICE place! I don't think I've enjoyed eating perfectly grilled chicken like they had. The mash potatoes were real with nice little lumps and the nice ambiance added to the meal. The portions are very adequate and the prices are very reasonable. I would enjoy going back when the trains are running and the farmer's market is open right outside the door.

• Visited February 2012