“Interesting” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elkins Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Elkins Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
Tappahannock, Virginia
“Interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I got a suite here at the last minute. The frist one the booked us in had a queen size bed. My husbanad called the front desk and asked if there wre any suites with a king bed. There was and we got settled. I like sleeping in a very cool room, so there was no trouble there. We went out to a grocery store to pick up a couple of food items (we were not going to make the free breakfast in time) and were delighted that the fridge was already cool.
The interesting part about this hotel were the different dr.'s offices that were located in the same building.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gpigmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fairmont, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I booked this room because of the price. For a king size jacuzzi suite it couldn't be beat. After arriving I see why the price was so good. You can definitely tell that the "hotel" used to be an old hospital. The doctor offices and other business in the "hotel" were definitely unusal. The heating/cooling was less than adequate. The only register vent was in the sitting room part of the suite and nothing in the bedroom or bath except a heat lamp in the ceiling. The jacuzzi was very nice, but that's about it. Our next trip, we will definitely stay in another hotel. I wish I would have read the reviews before I booked my room; lesson learned.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a window. Thankfully ours did, but some of the rooms are interior rooms wit...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle G
Dunbar, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We couldn't find a room anywhere else..so we stayed here. Thank goodness I did not know the history of the building being a hospital prior to our stay. We realized this as we were leaving and couldn't help but question why the doors, elevator were so big (gurney size). The rooms would only require an IV drip beside the bed and it would still look like a hospital room. And like previous reviews stated..there is not any air conditioning...unless you count the floor fan placed at the end of the bed. Wallpaper is from the "hospital days". Want to know the creepiest part of my stay? After reporting to my mother where we stayed, she told me "Oh that is where your great Uncle HT died"....now, I'm wanting to research on which room.

Room Tip: No AC..so rooms with a window will help "a little" IF YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I came into town in unfortunate circumstances so I was looking for a hotel that could make me and my wifes stay easier. This is the place to go when traveling to Elkins. The room were spacious, clean and came complete with a mini fridge and mircowave. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when traveling back to this town.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Rubble1234
Wheeling, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have personally followed the Days Inn of Elkins, WV, from its inception to the present time. Having read reviews of the property, I feel compelled to share my own thoughts. Certainly the building has a history, I knew it in those days back in the 1960s. I also toured it decades later when Harold and Julia Elbon envisioned its conversion to a lodging property. They have done a marvelous job in doing so. Are there businesses on lower floors? Sure, as there are at The Greenbrier and hosts of other 4 and 5 star resort hotels, but those businesses have hours and aren't competing with sleep. The construction of the facility makes it the safest lodging property in town; that counts for a lot for me when I lay my head down at night. And I have done so there...no trouble sleeping that night!! Rowdy guests? That happens. I have been a General Manager of a lodging property. Believe me the weekend crowd is far different from the business travelers through the week, especially sports teams, wedding parties, class and family reunions. That happens in EVERY lodging property. Hotel staff are not prison wardens, nor should they be expected to be. The Days Inn in Elkins is a very fine lodging property owned and operated by some very fine and honorable folk. They are to be respected for what they have done for the community of Elkins by making a valuable contribution to the rehabilitation of a neglected property. They have done and are doing a magnificent job!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Charlottesville VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I've never been so disappointed and confused by a hotel all in the same visit. When we received our room on the third floor, we had to walk through the first floor hallway, which had various offices ranging from eye dr, bail bonds, therapist, a taxadermy, etc etc. The decor hasn't been changes since it was a hospital, assuming the 70's. The rooms are still hospital rooms, large clunky tv, old recliner chair, microwave on top of a college dorm fridge. sink in room, not in bathroom. bathroom still has handicap facilities, low toilet seat, not tub, just shower, very cramped. overall old, dated, sad state. i just felt gross and unsafe.

Room Tip: Don't do it
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

I visit Elkins regularly, and stay at many different hotels, last year the hampton, the econo, and the year before that, the holiday inn and graceland. this year i stayed in the days inn and the super 8, and BY FAR the Day's inn was the best experience I had. They are pet friendly, and all of the rooms are no smoking. It was an old hospital and still has that burlesque feel. I was impressed with the helpfulness and friendlyness of front staff, as well as the maids. The room was exceptionally clean and roomy, i got a standard double room, and they offered a roll a way bed. Internet was AMAZING, better than it is at my own home. The bed was soft, the blankets were warm, and the view was perfect. The rooms are quiet, and the building is located by the hub of resturaunts in this town. Theres even two IN the hotel. This is 5 star, at the least, and only for about 60$ a night. I will be staying here EVERY time i go to elkins.

Room Tip: Middle rooms (odd numbers) do not have outside windows, just windows out into the hall.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo