“Find something else.... DO NOT STAY HERE”

Elkins Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stay in this converted hospital for one of two nights while visting relatives. The matresses were cardboard. Seriuosly, they were cardboard and if you moved at night you could hear the matress crackling.
Restrooms were never updated from the hospital days.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Aldie_Va_family

Reviewed November 29, 2010

For $50 a night, this was what I expected it to be. The room was tiny with a view of the gas station and office building next door. The bathroom was micro-sized: the toilet is all but in the shower. Although our room was a non-smoking room, it smelled faintly like smoke (I should emphasize faintly-the smell was noticeable, but by no means overwhelming). The walls are very thin. We got home from the wedding we came to Elkins to attend at about 9:30pm and could hear the people in the next room watching TV and talking. Luckily they were good neighbors and got quiet after 10:00. The room was clean, but not exceptionally clean. There was a bug on the shower curtain and even though we didn't see any obvious dirt, didn't find any hairs, etc, it just smelled like it wasn't quite sanitized. However, the room was nice and warm (it was about 20 degrees the night we visited so that was definitely a plus) the bed was VERY comfortable and the staff was very kind and helpful and made us feel right at home. For $50 a night, I feel that this was a good experience, but if you are going to be staying in Elkins more than 1 night or will be spending a lot of time in your hotel room, I would not recommend it. If you just need a place to sleep one night, it's a good deal.
The continental breakfast offered by the hotel is not worth your time. Go to the Outback Cafe behind the hotel. It is no-frills, homestyle food, but it is also very filling and hearty. The homefries literally could have been made by my grandmother.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This Days Inn used to be a Hospital, so there were some unique features. Because they had 3 elevators, we never had to wait for one. They had a large spacious lobby, helpful staff, and a different guest room set-up. We enjoyed easy access to free internet. The complementary breakfast was only beverages, pastries and other cold items, nothing warm unless you used the microwave. Even though we only had a queen size bed, we had 4 very nice fluffy pillows. Our total cost was $67.31. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank motorcyclersherri
Reviewed August 13, 2010

we made reservations for our anniversary and we checked in at 12:00, 1.Our room was not ready, they gave us another room . 2.the room that we got was right down filthy. hair was in the bed, jacquzzie, coffee pot was not cleaned. I went to complain and to my avail i was told we couldn't get a refund...I am so disappointed in the service and i would tell everyone about what we found, they said there was no complaints given, i told them all about it..so i will tell anyone and everyone..DO NOT GO TO THE ELKINS DAY'S INN UNLESS THEY ARE PREPARED TO CLEAN THEIR ROOM THEMSELVES...BRING YOUR OWN BEDDING , AND MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR CLEANING KITS.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cherokee_26241
Reviewed May 7, 2010

good points where that the desk help were very friendly and helpful and our room was not haunted even thou it looks it lol. bad points where smelled like a hospital rooms do not have a bath tub only an old hospital shower that was dirty I had to wear flip flops and my children will not take showers only baths (if was included on website that they only have showers i prob. wouldn't have booked. rooms are very small. Try the super 8 similar rates and much nicer.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed at the days inn having booked it over the internet from the UK. The check in was flawless, the desk clerks were very friendly and helpful, recommending good eating places for evening meals. We had a room overlooking the street and there was no noticable noise even though we stayed on a weekend. It is an easy 2 minute drive from the centre of Elkins where you can get the usual convenience stores and eats. Absolutely no complaints, budget price, clean quiet rooms, nice folks to help you, what more do you need (or usually get) for less than $50!!??!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheltieboy
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Checked in the same night as a rowdy girls college volleyball team. Endured screaming down the halls and door slamming. Requested to be moved to another floor and was denied because the only other floor with rooms were jacuzzi suites and they refused to give me that room at the $70 price point. I was moved to another room on the same floor and the noise continued long after I called the front desk to inform them about it. I ended up just leaving the TV on all night just to drown out the slamming doors. Got about three hours of sleep and was woken up at 6am to screaming next door. As I was checking out, I requested a price adjustment and was offered 10% off. I asked for more of an adjustment and was told the manager would get back to me. I left four messages over the next six days and she never returned my calls. I called again today and was told by an unsympathetic desk clerk that the manager and the owner discussed the situation and feel that they handled my complaint appropriately and there would be no more additional price adjustment. I feel they could have made the situation right and simply chose not to. I'm very disappointed and expected more from a Days Inn.

In addition, to the lack of customer care I received, the hotel looks like a dive and needs to be updated. The beds are rock hard and you feel like you are in an institution. The bathrooms look like the kind you find in an old high school locker room.

I recommend the Days Inn in Bridgeport. They have excellent customer service, friendly desk and housekeeping staff, newly updated rooms, great mattresses, and are very accommodating to visitors.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Hampton Inn Elkins
Canaan Valley Resort
Super 8 Elkins
Super 8 Elkins
#4 of 8 in Elkins

Been to Elkins Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!