“Great food/atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great food/atmosphere”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

CJ Maggies is located in downtown Elkins, WV. Although the restaurant was a bit dark the food was great. My husband had the crab cakes and I had a cajun shrimp pasta. Both were delicious.

1 Thank Bikergirl123

Columbus
“C J Maggie's American Grill”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The good was expensive and taste of food only average. Would not go again. Decorations were fun to look at, but that got old after awhile.

Visited June 2013
Kulpsville, Pennsylvania
“Worth the wait?”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had to wait over an hour to get our meals which allowed us to really check out our surroundings.
Should have left!
Directly above is all kinds of old stuff hanging or propped all over the restaurant.
Directly above us was an ice hickey goalie stick totally covered with cobwebs and hanging down pretty low.
My wife and I them began to checkout the rest of the place and everything on their walls was covered with them. Awful
Now add to the the second worst men's room I ever had the displeasure of walking into ...we should have gotten out while the getting was good.

Grand Rapids, MI, USA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went here after being told at the motel desk that this was the best around. My ribs were so dry/hard the knife could not even cut them. To her credit, our server offered to replace everything, which she did.

Princeton, West Virginia
“Huge Portions, Abstract Decor”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is our third time to the City of Elkins but our first to CJ Maggies. The hostess greeted us promptly upon arrival and sat us in our booth. It took about ten minutes for the waitress (Stefanie) to come greet us and get our drink order but returned promptly to take our order. While placing our order, she just walked away to retrieve a tip from the table across from us. She didn't apologize for just walking away while I was placing my order, which I found offensive. She wasn't very friendly at first either, but once the table of about 8 (loud and obnoxious) bikers left, she changed her tune and was very friendly the rest of the visit. I ordered Crab Cakes and it came with two sides. I chose the french fries and the caesar salad. The salad was HUGE! I basically could have made my meal off of the salad. The fries were delicious... I could not stop eating them. The crab cakes were very good as well. I wasn't very crazy about the dressing on the salad but it wasn't too bad either... it is more of a taste you kinda "get used to." My husband ordered the lasagna and seemed to enjoy it, again, the portion size was huge. The bread they bring with the salad was amazing but I wasn't quite fond of the butter that came with it. The waitress brought us our check and we made quick chit-chat and went on our way. All in all, it was a good experience and the food was quite tasty. I just wish our waitress would've made a better first impression and she would've made a better tip if she would have been more friendly.

• Visited June 2013