“Best Branson-style variety show I've seen this side of the Mississippi!”

American Mountain Theater
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Elkins
More attraction details
Owner description: You’ll find one of the top West Virginia attractions at the American Mountain Theater in Elkins, West Virginia’s historic Rail Yard. Our live music shows are guaranteed to entertain guests of all ages and are entirely family-friendly. Our various performances include our two regular season music & comedy variety shows, our spectacular Christmas concerts, and our special Southern Gospel and Bluegrass concert series.So, if you’re looking for things to do in West Virginia, look no further! We can even help you plan your West Virginia vacation. Our friendly staff of packaging specialists have a number of itineraries ready to choose from, or they can help you customize your perfect WV trip. Pair AMT’s “Freshest Sound in the Mountains” with a scenic train ride, lodging, and unique dining experiences and you have the perfect mountain getaway.
Elkins, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Branson-style variety show I've seen this side of the Mississippi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have been to the theater a number of times. Each year the show is new, exciting, fun, and entertaining. Visitors to Elkins shouldn't miss this gem! If possible, get a combo of the show and a train ride. Great deal.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank conbe

Jane Lew, West Virginia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“What a Jem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was my first visit to the American Mountain Theater. I had heard of it before, but had no idea what a fantastic show of talent I would see at their Christmas program. It lasted almost 2 1/2 hours including a brief intermission.

This was a wonderful mixture of music (mostly gospel, bluegrass, and country), comedy (had me laughing out loud) with some religious and inspirational themes (genuine and not overdone). I was so surprised that our area had such amazing talent. For me it was just an hour drive. They offer various packages for out of town folks. I hope to get back soon for one of their regular shows, then definitely plan to return for the Christmas show next year.

Visited December 2013
Elkins, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Branson of WV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is an absolutely fabulous couple of hours. We live in Elkins and we still try to go once a year to either their Christmas or Easter show. They also have "teaching" on music through the decades as well as special Gospel Shows. It is Amerivanna at its best. If you are in the area, you won't want to miss it!

Visited December 2013
Philippi, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful addition to the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Great show in a very nice facility! We will go to another show and encourage our friends and family to go!

Visited March 2014
Delaware
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

My Aunt and I went here for the show----It was awesome-really!! We have been telling everyone to go here!! Great night of entertainment!!! Hope to go back soon!!

Visited October 2013

Been to American Mountain Theater? Share your experiences!