“A totally unexpected pleasure”

American Mountain Theater
Ranked #2 of 34 things to do in Elkins
More attraction details
Owner description: You’ll find one of the top West Virginia attractions at the American Mountain Theater in Elkins, West Virginia’s historic Rail Yard. Our live music shows are guaranteed to entertain guests of all ages and are entirely family-friendly. Our various performances include our two regular season music & comedy variety shows, our spectacular Christmas concerts, and our special Southern Gospel and Bluegrass concert series.So, if you’re looking for things to do in West Virginia, look no further! We can even help you plan your West Virginia vacation. Our friendly staff of packaging specialists have a number of itineraries ready to choose from, or they can help you customize your perfect WV trip. Pair AMT’s “Freshest Sound in the Mountains” with a scenic train ride, lodging, and unique dining experiences and you have the perfect mountain getaway.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a great show, out in the hills of West Virginia. The cast of this show put on a show of over two hours of wonderful, professional entertainment. The performers a all multi-talented and know how to put on a show. They play and sing several different genres of music. Old country, Blue Grass, old Rock, Disco, Motown, Gospel and Intrumental. My only egative might be that the comedy parts are too long and should be partly replaced by more ofthat wonderful singing. The theater is large, the accoustics are good and the seats are comfortable.
Enjoy an evening of wonderful music.

1  Thank tank1050
in 9 reviews
"blue grass"
"holiday inn"

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was one of the highlights of our trip even though it wasn't in the initial planning. The Theater is clean, the show terrific!
Very talented performers who all seem to be family - actually I thing almost every employee from, ticketing to the snack bar is family. Great time!

1  Thank tonyhNc
Reviewed June 17, 2013

So glad we took in the Saturday evening show at the American Mountain Theatre. This show is so entertaining and fun. I especially liked the way the cast members interacted with the customers before and after the show. This is Christian entertainment at its best. Kenny and Denny spearhead a strong group of fine musicians. The violin player is wonderful. The comedy routines are very funny with good laughs. The ticket price is good. Drinks,popcorn and treats very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Wayne G
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We saw the 2 Hour Premier Show and weren't disappointed! Although I thought it started off rather slow (the comedic banter between Kenny & Denny was a little corny), the show proceeded to impress us with all the talented performers. We loved the impersonations of the musical groups from the past! Special mention goes to Greg (a fantastic fiddler), Jeremiah (singer & dancer) and Jesse (fabulous singer). After the show, I thought it was great how all the performers came into the lobby to talk to the audience, sign autographs, etc......a very nice touch. In the small town of Elkins, this is a "gem" of a place and not to be missed.

1  Thank CdaBananaBelt
See more reviews
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I'm not into shows...if I'm on a cruise ship, I rarely go to the show. But, this was a mother/daughter weekend and my mom booked the package deal, so we went to the show. The theater is nice inside and all the seats seem to work fine. They were assigned seats, so no need to get to the theater early. I'm not a fan of gospel or country, so I was slightly bored the first part of the show. We thought about leaving, but with nothing else to do, we decided to stay for the whole show. Glad we did as the 2nd part of the show is MUCH better. We both cried at the end left feeling very patriotic and proud of our middle America roots.

Been to American Mountain Theater? Share your experiences!