“Branson-like show”

American Mountain Theater
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Elkins
More attraction details
Owner description: You’ll find one of the top West Virginia attractions at the American Mountain Theater in Elkins, West Virginia’s historic Rail Yard. Our live music shows are guaranteed to entertain guests of all ages and are entirely family-friendly. Our various performances include our two regular season music & comedy variety shows, our spectacular Christmas concerts, and our special Southern Gospel and Bluegrass concert series.So, if you’re looking for things to do in West Virginia, look no further! We can even help you plan your West Virginia vacation. Our friendly staff of packaging specialists have a number of itineraries ready to choose from, or they can help you customize your perfect WV trip. Pair AMT’s “Freshest Sound in the Mountains” with a scenic train ride, lodging, and unique dining experiences and you have the perfect mountain getaway.
gulf breeze, fl
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Branson-like show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very professional show. Especially liked the personal feeling and level of patriotism expressed.......................................

Huntingdon Valley, PA
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great Variety Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Really enjoyed this light upbeat family show. Great musicians and singers and we were totally entertained the whole time. Comfortable seating.

1 Thank Trixie1953
Duluth, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Just fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

It's earnest, slightly dorky, and overly made-up and patriotic, and the jokes are heavy-handed to appeal to the very widest of audience. But leave your smug pre-judgments at home, because this show is really fun. They're all musicians and performers who obviously love what they're doing and rehearse and polish the show until it gleams.

Morgantown, West Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We took my mother and sister to one of their shows. We had a really fun time. The performers love what they do and it shows. Looking forward to going back for their Christmas show.

Visited November 2011
Bethel, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I found this to be the best entertainment I have ever seen. I always enjoy any type of entertainment but this show was off the charts! They we all so talented and versatile. I loved it! I was there with a tour bus group and we were all on the bus ready to leave when one of the young men from the show hopped on board to talk to us. He was my favorite from the show. Then when he got off his Dad got on. What a nice thing to do and we were so surprised. I have plans to drive back down and bring my sister to see the show. I simply can not say enough good things about this place!

Visited October 2012

Been to American Mountain Theater? Share your experiences!