“Happy with the price”
Review of Super 8 Elkins

Super 8 Elkins
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I just used the hotel to stop in my way to Clarksburg, Room was clean, nothing more and nothing less of what you need just to check email and rest for a night, Continental breakfast is just bagels, bread, juice, coffee; but for the price, I think this place is a good deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Lawanda S, Manager at Super 8 Elkins, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post your review! We enjoy hearing about your guest experience. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Elkins

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I was very impress with the hotel manager she took time to purchase a iron board,full size my biggest peptee at these hotels is full size iron board,i hate those table top iron boardgreat job ms LATANDA THANK YOU..

Room Tip: my room was king close to the office,pertty quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MissPanama80
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

I'm glad you had a wonderful stay with us!
Please visit us again when you are in the area!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I thought for 50 bucks, as long as the room has a lock on it and no VISIBLE bugs...Im happy. Very clean, didnt smell, only bad thing is that the TV had lines on the top part of the screen. Breakfast had hot waffles that you made yourself. Can't beat the price and location. Ill never be in W. VA again but if Im there, and its time to stop...Ill stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JeffP803
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Upon our arrival at this hotel we were told that the cable was not working in any of the guest rooms, but we were welcome to watch the television in the lobby. I asked the lady at the front desk when this would be fixed she replied it was beyond her control, fine I thought I can handle a night without television. Well once we made it to our room and got settled in I felt the room was a little chilly and decided to turn up the heat. I was unable to do so because both knobs were completely broken off in the heating module. I called down to the front desk and the nice lady (one of the only nice things I could find about the place) tried to accommodate us by giving us a room across the hall, we accepted and changed rooms. Finally later that night after going to bed the people a couple doors down began to play very loud music, mind you this is past midnight and it continued well into the wee hours of the morning. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I hope this is not a representation of what all Super 8s are like. I should have demanded a refund after I was told the rooms had no cable. What I didn't understand is why the lobby had cable but the guest rooms did not. This makes no sense to me. My best advice is pay a little more and get a better hotel. Like they say you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lorra H
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The carpet in room was damp and musty smelling. Room was extremely small for a handicap accessible room. Reservation was for 4 people to the room but only had one double bed and no room for a cot. A high school soccer tournament was in town so no other rooms available - we made reservations well in advance. Was not clean. Probably will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Suggest different motel until this one is upgraded.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank grannyrose
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Me and my wife stayed at this property just last month and I've to say it was a great experience! Not only over Super8 normal standards, but also pretty friendly and ready to assist and support any extra-need. Managing Director is lovely and capable, result is a clean, safe and reliable lodging accomodation for your visits while in the surroundings.
Nice and clean room, lobby and breakfast areas are welcoming guests and b'fast was consistent. Last, but not least, great location, just outside the town on the way to Seneca Rocks!
will absolutely recommend, enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the back side, really peaceful!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank italians in the... c
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed there Sept. 30-Oct 2, 2011. The room had an odor as if people smoked in there even though it was non-smoking. They change the sheets often, but how often are the blankets washed? My guess is once every year! The sheets were clean, the bathroom was clean and the continental breakfast was decent, though. The bed was not solidly put on the frame and it slid off one corner during our stay. I climbed down and had a look andthan I slid the bed back over and it was OK after that. The cableTV kept going out when it rained, the staff didn't know what to do, but one of them did write down our complaint. Most rooms like this have a queen bed, but this one had a double bed, even though it had a queen headboard!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Hampton Inn Elkins
Iron Road Inn
Iron Road Inn
#5 of 8 in Elkins
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon

Been to Super 8 Elkins? Share your experiences!