“Good place to eat”

Duke's Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 53 Restaurants in Elkins
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Excellent value. Good food. Convenient location to other activities and motels. Would recommend for families.

1  Thank grannyrose

Reviewed December 10, 2011

A good family steak house. Dukes steak was pretty good - not much seasoning, but tender enough (I did get the filet). They had the best baked sweet potato ever - and the wonderful garlic bread I remember from the good old days (because of my gluten intolerance I couldn't have any) everyone else seem to enjoy. The salad was pretty good too. If you have children, this is a good place to go, a lot of big families. Nothing to fancy -
I'll come back -

1  Thank flaxenmane
Reviewed October 31, 2011

While visiting from out of state we took our Aunt & cousins here for lunch. The restaurant is located in the basement adjacent to the current Days Inn Motel which also houses medical & law offices on the main & lower floor. The property had been a hospital & the restaurant is likely where the hospital kitchen was. [I toured the hospital before it opened ~ 45-48 years ago.] Dukes used to be on the other side of town near the Walmart. We were there early afternoon & there was only one other group there. The restaurant is paneled in dark wood; there is some lattice and artificial greenery. There are no outside windows.
The menu was fairly extensive. Our salads were fresh; standard dressings were available & I think the house was a sweet & sour dutch type. My aunt was pleased with her filet mignon meal. My cousins seemed ok with their lunch special sandwiches. Our steaks were cooked to requested level of doneness. My meal was good, but not memorable. My husband was not enthused with his. However, we'd dinned at the delicious Hutte the night before & had some innovative larger metro area food preceeding that. Considering what's available in Elkins for weekday lunchtime, I feel it was good.
The music was a bit loud for conversation with hearing impaired folks & husband requested them to decrease volume. Our waitress checked & informed us that the setting was not adjustable, but she agreeably attempted to move the speaker [assisted by my taller husband] perched high over our heads. The outcome was good.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

This is our favorite place to eat, period. The food is consistently good, love this place!

2  Thank mrphotoWV
Reviewed June 10, 2009

My wife and I visited Elkins in the spring of 2008 to take the excursion train ride (another good story ). We decided to try for a steak dinner after the train ride.
After a bit of searching and with GPS help we found Dukes. It is in the way lower floor of a hotel type building. We had no reservations but were seated right away. Our arrival time was about 7:00 PM. It started to fill with patrons about eight. The menu covers land and sea choices. Being beef eaters, the wife and I both ordered the Delmonico with onion rings as the starter. The steaks were broiled to perfection and the onion rings were made in the kitchen - not the frozen type. Not being a wine expert, I was quite happy with the house red. We must have been the only tourist type that night as the waitress was quite chatty and filled us in on things around Elkins. My only complaint would be the location of the rest rooms, which are quite a walk from the resturant itself. Over all it was a very pleasant meal with prices just a bit above average , but worth it.
Sadly, their internet site is no longer available.

1  Thank seavamp

Been to Duke's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!