“The best place to stay in Elkins”
Review of Hampton Inn Elkins

Hampton Inn Elkins
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“The best place to stay in Elkins”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had stayed here a few years ago when the hotel was new and I was impressed at the time. Nothing has changed, the hotel still looks brand new, very clean with excellently furnished rooms. Staff courteous and professional and good breakfast offerings. I visit Elkins regularly and use it as my base to visit the scenic railroad at Cass. Over the years I have used a number of places to stay overnight and have found this to be the best hotel for my purposes

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Would not accept cash at check in. The room was charged to my credit card even though I made it clear I wanted to pay cash. The next morning check out was a lengthy procedure because I had to wait while a shift change was taking place. Then they had to credit my credit card and then accept the cash. If they had accepted cash the night before all of this could have been avoided, and I would have been on my way 20 minutes sooner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Ashburn, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had a great stay in Elkins, WV. The staff stated that the hotel was five years old but it looked as though it was brand new. This Hampton Inn exceeded my expectations. The pool was immaculate and the breakfast was exceptional. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Hubbard, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

In the mountains head north home from Florida... Decent hotel but a little pricey for the area... Off interstate , food places near... Clean, friendly innkeepers..breakfast free, decent choices with plenty of juices and coffee

• Stayed May 2013
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were happy to finally arrive at the Hampton Inn in Elkins, because we had driven along the Blue Ridge Parkway and then came up some major highway, but made the mistake of taking a 'shortcut' on Route 250 NW ... not realizing it was a forever winding mountain road (96 miles) to Elkins... great scenery but no accommodation on the way, although we had a nice dinner at a diner in Monteray ... where the Sherriff advised us to drive another 2 hours to get to Elkins; as he knew of the Hampton Inn there. We had a lovely trip ... It's beautiful country ... but we missed out on our last chance to have waffles for breakfast (Waffle Iron out of work) !!! Still we had a very good experience lodging at the Hampton Inn in Elkins ... Thanks to all the staff members involved ... everybody was very kind ... not like at the Best Western at Waltersburg, where the B'fast supervisor practically yanked the toast from our bite ... about 2 seconds after 9:00 a.m. We are to senior ladies travelling and like the B'fast buffet to be open till at least 10 a.m. If tourist happen to go that way, the Hampton Inn in Elkins is a great place to stay !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Christa C
Maryland
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good facility. Room was a nice change of pace from other hotels I've stayed in. Large, comfortable and very quiet! Hotel staff was very welcoming and helpful. Checking in and out was efficient and easy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Kent, OH, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton because it is in the area we were visiting, and I am very happy we did! The hotel appears to be fairly new. The beds and bedding are extremely comfortable, soft, and clean. We will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins
Hampton Inn Buckhannon
Hampton Inn Buckhannon
#2 of 7 in Buckhannon
Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge

Been to Hampton Inn Elkins? Share your experiences!