“Great hotel in Elkins”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Elkins
West Virginia
“Great hotel in Elkins”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I spent two nights at the Hampton Inn in Elkins. The continental breakfast was excellent, with lots of options. I really appreciated the microwave and mini-fridge in the hotel room. The pool and hot tub area was very nice and well-maintained.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Huntigntown
Reviewed December 24, 2010

This is a new Hampton and is as nice as any I have stayed in from Maryland to California. In fact it is one of the best I have stayed in. While there I had the pleasure of eating at the unique Schnitzel Haus Tyrol in Dailey which is a few miles south of the motel. I have never had better German food here in the states. It is as good as any place in Germany that I have eaten. The place is spotless and the service is top rate. You will feel more like a guest than a customer. The owner JR is there all the time so it is very well run. He makes sure that your every request is taken care of. This is a unique one of a kind experience. You will never forget your dining experience there

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
WV
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We've stayed at many Hampton Inns, but never one this noisy. We stayed two nights and each night we couldn't get to sleep until 12:30 a.m. because of the noise. We could hear people walking/stomping on the floor above and doors banging on our floor. The noise started up again at 6:00 a.m. This hotel definitely needs some sound proofing! Also, the hotel is located on a hill and not within walking distance of anything. On the plus side, the hotel was clean, neat, and the breakfasts good. This is not the place to stay if you need a good and long night's rest.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lovingthemountains2
Eaton, Ohio
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Stayed there one night. When I arrived I was blown away by the location. It sits up on the mountain side and the view is breath taking. It is a newer hotel so it is still very clean. It has a tiny pool and a small work out area. I had asked for a quiet room as I knew I would be driving long hours. I got put next to the elevator. The walls must be made of paper mache, as the room next to me blared the tv until midnight and then talked loudly for the next half hour. Finally, quiet at 12:30 I was awakened at 5:40 and never got back to due to the loud bell on the elevator which was coming and going constantly. When I told the staff of my displeasure with my stay I was met by Ms Customer NO service, who I swear was a bobble head doll. When I told her how bad my stay was (since she never asked how my stay was) all she did was giggle and bob her head and said she would tell someone (yeah, right) So if you don't mind losing sleep, it is a beautiful location.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank travel4CEU
surrey
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed in Elkins at the end of a long journey to West Virginia. We were welcomed with the usual Hampton friendliness (and cookies!) and spent a very comfortable night here. Good value, too.
Downtown Elkins appeared to be closed by 7pm, but there are plenty of the usual mall options (including Applebees, which we used) close by.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Pricy for my budget, but a Very Nice hotel. Great breakfast (hot food), quiet room. Hotel was booked full but never felt crowded. Front desk staff very friendly and always greeted us. Be sure to get a room on the west side so you have a good view of the valley. Not much room to park a pick-up and trailer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ft Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Hotel was clean and well maintained. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Breakfast was average for Hampton Inn. We always stay at Hampton Inn's when traveling and this was what you expect. Staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins
Hampton Inn Buckhannon
Hampton Inn Buckhannon
#2 of 7 in Buckhannon
Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge

Been to Hampton Inn Elkins? Share your experiences!