“Food was wonderful, wait staff not quite”
Review of El Gran Sabor

El Gran Sabor
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Elkins
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is an awesome ethnic restaurant in otherwise American Elkins. The building is beautiful, smaller rooms with interesting paint. I loved the artwork. The menu was more Latin American than just Venezuelan. The Venezuelan soup was authentic and savory. The dishes were all excellent. The wait staff, unfortunately, reached across our group to serve the drinks and dishes. By taking a few more steps, she could have avoided reaching. It was minor, however, in an overall wonderful experience.

There are newer reviews for El Gran Sabor

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have enjoyed this restaurant, both at it's old location and at the newer one. The owners are always friendly and food is consistently good. The architectural details are gorgeous and they have created a fun venue to serve their delicious, plentiful food.

My husband and I don't live nearby and don't get to visit as often as we'd like, nor have we been able to take advantage of the musical performances, but my husband does travel through the area for work. He occasionally surprises me with orders "to go". They recognize him and always ask if they should pack the food in small containers so that they will fit in his cooler.

Make sure to try their freshly made green sauce, which I am guessing has a cabbage base. It is delicious.

Support this restaurant. You will be glad that you did.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

There is a reason El Gran Sabor is rated #1...because it probably is! Wonderful Venezuela food prepared fresh, served with a smile at a reasonable price...what could be better? Love to visit in nice weather when we can sit out in the enclosed patio area. I love the chicken cachaca with Latin rice and black beans on the side. They have pasta dishes and grill entrees, food and drink specials, and in the evenings, lots of musical entertainment! There is always great energy flowing at El Gran Sabor...great food, great staff, great atmosphere, great entertainment...you must visit! Go to their website for complete menu and entertainment schedule!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

First time visiting this place. Excellent food, fresh and plenty of it. Great flavors. Prices are excellent, especially considering the quality and quantity of the food. Location is in an older home with steps. Not sure if there is a ramp for accessibility.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am a super picky eater. Like seriously, I eat like a little kid and hate trying new things. I was very nervous about going here but let me tell you, I'm so happy that I tried it!! The food is amazing, fresh, and super tasty. The service is amazing... they make you feel right at home. It's my new favorite place to eat in Elkins, and it's always great to support local businesses. Try it... you won't be disappointed!

Been to El Gran Sabor? Share your experiences!