“Awesome Campground!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pegasus Farm Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elkins
Pegasus Farm Campground
Purcellville, Virginia
“Awesome Campground!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

This is not your average campground.. in fact it's very different... and in a truly beautiful way. Staying at Pegasus Campground is like staying at a great friend's place. We've stayed here twice and will go back over and over again. It's in a beautiful area of West Virginia, Mark and Bonnie (the owners) are great people and treat everybody just like neighbors and friends. If you're looking for a quiet place to just relax and enjoy good people and beauty of West Virginia.. this is it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1johnmurphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

My husband and I came across Pegasus at the right time of my life.. I just loss both my mother & father.. My husband and I came to the area on business. We stayed almost 4 months.. Not only did I find so much peace.and serienity.. I found family.. Bonnie & Mark are very wonderful people. It was a very good experince to meet someone that is so free spirited and that they are.. I also met 2 other wonderful people Gerri & Judy who also were guest on the farm, and I also consider family.. I also want to say they had 2 workers on the farm Christy and Leaf who are the most geunine and can say I have met in along time.. So yes my review is 5 stars.. Love the farm...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

My family and I have camped often at Pegasus Farm Campground. We live in Northern Virginia and Pegasus Farm Campground is my rehabiliation place to de-tox from NOVA. I have yet to be barked at by a car horn in Elkins!

I so much appreciate the thought and care that goes into this campground, and each time I return I am once again in awe of these special touches. The shower house goes beyond the fundamental needs with an eye for shower privacy and convience, filtered sunlight, cleanliness, and a decorator's touch. It is a plesure to use this building!

On any given night the Hospitality Barn plays host to guitar picking, mandolin strumming, harmonica blowing and sweet songs. Here also can be found the touches of a decorator's eye for simple additions that have a warm and welcoming feeling to an old open barn.

Cows mooing on the neighbors farm is charming, as are the resident cats who never turn down some ear scratching or back rubs. Being a working farm the Branciarolis are always busy with chores, but never too busy to stop and chat with us. Mark makes morning rounds to check on the happiness of their campers and is quick to address any need or request. We have always felt so welcome at Pegasus Farm Campground as we are treated like family not camping customers.

Pegasus Farm Campground is cheaper than a therapist, more comfortable than a chiropractor, does not require a prescription, and is heavenly.

• Stayed September 2010
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

I recently stayed at the Pegasus campground for the High Land Jam and it was the greatest camping experience I've ever had. The owners, Mark and Bonnie, were very hospitable and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The farm setting is serene with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. The bath house is by far the nicest I've experienced at a campground. It's bright and immaculate with many homey details. I can't say enough about how fabulous this place is. Already plotting my next trip.

1 Thank mlrainbow
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

I camped with friends at the Pegasus farm at the end of August for their yearly music festival. This is the 2nd time I've been to the festival but the first time I've camped. More than a working farm, Pegasus Farm is more like a valley garden vista.

You actually drive through a barn to get to the camping areas. We set up 3 larger tents and one small tent in their "pine tree forest." Bordering the edge of our site on one side were wildflowers (which were taller than me) blooming in bright purples and covered with butterflies. On the other edge was a creek and a massive cornfield.

The owners have planted fields of sunflowers and a public garden --the vegetables are available to campers. There's also 2 pretty little bath houses, one for ladies and one for gents, that are super clean with 4 shower & toilet stalls, colorful fans and walls.

In August, this area of WV is still cold at night. The temp fell below 50 one night so bring wool blankets and sweaters even in the summer. The whole place is very peaceful and dripping with flowers! You might also see a horse or hear the sounds of mandolin playing from the front porch of the residents. I'll definitely be back!!!!!!!!

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

Judy and I arrived at Pegsus Farm on the first of May and left on the 26th of August. Our experience at Pegsus Farm was the best time of our lives.
The service was excellent, the campground was groomed, clean, the staff was friendly, Flowers & shrubery were beautiful, great entertainment, and quiet.
Mark, Bonnie, Leaf , Christy and Dale was the greatest friends you will meet.
Pegsus farm is pet friendly.
Mark and Bonnie have limited extended stay site and Mark was gracious to allow us to have one.
Some times we make aquaintences but when you can make friends that is special.
The Campground was in the city of Elkins but you could not tell that you were in a city. It was quiet and at night he fireflys and stars were beautiful.
You must visit Pegsus Farm Campground if you are in the area, we will return next year.
Thanks Mark, Bonnie, Leaf, Christy and Dale for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

We tent camped at this farm for the Highland Jam and had such a wonderful experience. The views were breathtaking and the owners and staff were gracious and accommodating. Our pine forest campsite was secluded and peaceful with a beautiful mountain vista. The bath house is the nicest I have ever seen: huge showers with changing area, clean toilet stalls with pendant lights, pretty sink faucets. Those little touches go a long way. The music was really enjoyable and there is an entire field surrounded by sunflowers to serve as the dance floor. Magical. Would definitely camp here again and again.

1 Thank twinpowers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkins
Hampton Inn Elkins
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins
Super 8 Elkins
Super 8 Elkins
#4 of 8 in Elkins

Been to Pegasus Farm Campground? Share your experiences!